Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I do not fully understand this 64 bit buisness...

zahush76

Getting back to my initial question, if i may, it was that i didn't understand the tech explenation behind this sentence:

Though KORE 2 and REAKTOR 5 are still 32-bit programs, they can be used on Windows Vista and Windows 7 64-bit systems as long as they run in standalone mode or are being integrated as plugin into a 32-bit host software.

The second option is to integrate these 32 bit plugins into a 32 bit host software. Someone here suggested jbridge as an example. What i don't understand is what's the difference between running a 32bit plugin integrated in a 32 bit host in a 64 bit system - or running a 32 bit plugin, not with a host, in a 32 bit system.

Isn't it technically the same?

Vermona Perfourmer mkii, Nord Stage 3 76

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Getting back to my initial question, if i may, it was that i didn't understand the tech explenation behind this sentence:

Though KORE 2 and REAKTOR 5 are still 32-bit programs, they can be used on Windows Vista and Windows 7 64-bit systems as long as they run in standalone mode or are being integrated as plugin into a 32-bit host software.

The second option is to integrate these 32 bit plugins into a 32 bit host software. Someone here suggested jbridge as an example. What i don't understand is what's the difference between running a 32bit plugin integrated in a 32 bit host in a 64 bit system - or running a 32 bit plugin, not with a host, in a 32 bit system.

Isn't it technically the same?

What I understood is:

You can run Kore 2 and Reaktor 5 as standalone applications in Windows Vista and Windows 64Bit systems directly and without any bridging software, even both standalone apps are 32Bit only.

You cannot run Kore 2 and Reaktor 5 as plugins in 64Bit hosts.

(You can eventually do this w/ help of bridging software on your own risk)

You can run a 32Bit host in a 64Bit OS and use Kore 2 and Reaktor 5 as (32Bit) plugins with in this host.

Technically, the difference is APPLICATION or PLUGIN.

A.C.

Archived