Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday Lister!!

Bluesape

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-music033.gif

Didn't think you picked yer mail up here anymore...with people ignoring yer BDay, I can see why !

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif

Double-thanks on the Russell decoder !

BTW, everything OK after that "headbanging" gig ?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-music037.gif

d=halfnote

BTW, everything OK after that "headbanging" gig ?

Thanks for asking. I am still being treated for that but things are moving forward.

Didn't think you picked yer mail up here anymore

Wow, you got a life?

I have just been really busy with different things. I'm learning a bunch of new software programs....creative stuff....photographic editing, music notation, audio restoration...(spectral repair, denoising, declicking etc etc). I have also been trying to study orchestration and harmony etc. It sounds impressive but with what little time I have left I have been going to forums more related to what I am studying right now........ and practicing guitar of course.

audio restoration...(spectral repair, denoising, declicking etc etc).

Sounds like you have a copy of Rx. That's some amazing software that has become a major part of my recording work.

Scott Fraser

Yes Scott, I have RX2 and it is very cool. I can see how it is probably very useful as far as applying to your live recordings to remove the odd audience sound or unexpected venue noise or something like that.

Yes Scott, I have RX2 and it is very cool. I can see how it is probably very useful as far as applying to your live recordings to remove the odd audience sound or unexpected venue noise or something like that.

Hi Lister, I haven't picked up version 2 yet, but I'm mainly using it for cleaning up little studio artifacts; piano pedal squeaks, fret buzzes, lip smacks, & various other instrument noises. A couple days ago on a CD mastering job there was an overload on a track of oboe through a looper pedal, & Rx allowed me to remove all the distortion-generated harmonics. Totally clean with no hint of audible distortion. Spectral Repair just slays me. Gotta get moving on the upgrade to Rx2.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

Thanks Skip.

Gotta get moving on the upgrade to Rx2.

The full pop price is pretty good until the end of October I think......$100 off. Hopefully they have an RX to RX2 upgrade price and it is similarly structured. Yes, it is amazing software.

Scott, my studio is a tad challenged in many areas....it is very small and I do not have clean power, plus there is some transformer hum I can hear from my Event 20/20 BAS monitors and the computer is in the studio. So it is not 100% noise free.

So my plan for RX 2, apart from cleaning up old cassette demo's etc, was to use it to remove broadband noise and hum etc from my recordings.

I understand the idea is to make the studio environment as perfect as possible but considering what this would cost vs the cost of RX2......

This is a legitimate use yes? Also, since my recordings are often a mix of VI's and tracks recorded using mic's.........would you just run RX2 on the final mix, or would you pull out the tracks that were mic'd, process them and then drop the processed tracks back into the session?

Declipping is amazing....I did not know you could fix clipping.

Celemony Melodyne is next for me. Amazing.....change pitch and time within an audio waveform. It supposedly is still working bugs out etc but the concept is truly brilliant.

Archived