Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

November 2005 Jan Hammer transcription

AMarsh01

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the transcription of Jan Hammer's 'Earth' from the Nov 2005 issue. I'm a massive Hammer fan, and tried to order the back issue of this copy, but apparently its out of stock :( Does anyone have a PDF of this transcription?

Many thanks

Andrew

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might try emailing Jan directly, I have written to many other musicians about the same thing and they were more than happy to my surprise to email them to me. Jan even asked me to keep in touch as I was touring at the same time he was, though I have never met him..

That article is recent enough that I would not be surprised if the staff of KB could dig it up for you. It was probably on the web site back then. I'd contact them directly (they don't always check the forums) and see what they say.

Of course, if you contact Jan and he replies, even better. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hi guys

Thanks for the tips - I've emailed the contact on his website, and KB magazine, so hopefully something will turn up. Its just a shame there aren't any published transcriptions of his stuff. I've tried transcribing some stuff by ear, but I only get so far.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Archived