Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Going to Bass Player Live?

Andy Calder

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Andy -- there's a cluster of hotels about 3 blocks north of SIR (Motel 6 among them). There are also a bunch about 7-10 blocks west on Sunset. You might also consider staying further down on Sunset, as there are frequent buses along that corridor. In terms of overall vibe (and cleanliness), I'd lean towards West Hollywood. Hope to see you there!

Went to a bunch in NYC - can't make it to LA.

I found it well worth it. Although it's not going to be the same since Brian changed his hair :wink:

Enjoy!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

This is really starting to look awesome. Of all my favorites, only a few (that I can think of) will NOT be there: Stanley, John Paul Jones, Flea. Otherwise, it's about as complete a gathering of electric bassists as there could be: Victor, Steve Bailey, Darryl Jones, Bootsy, Chaney, Alphonso, Garrison, etc. This will be a blast!

In the NYC events it was watching/learning. However, some folks brought their basses with them for testing gear or for trying new ideas sooner rather than later, or to share with friends and fellow bassists.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Some nice pics from BP's flickr feed. Including this one where Ampeg announced that they're bringing back the B-15!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1182/5108089735_cd16f5e449.jpg

Darryl Jones by Bass Player Magazine, on Flickr

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

I thought BPL was great this year even though I could only attend Saturday. Lots of wisdom and lots of laughs, especially from Billy Sheehan (see my new signature quote below). Plus always fun to hang out with fellow bass players.

My friend was attending for the first time and he got a lot out of it - said he learned the most from Victor Wooten. I couldn't get into that session, but Mike Inez turned out to be a really cool and insightful guy. I also got to take a picture with Bootsy!! All in all it was really good, thanks to everyone at BP for putting it on.

Oh, and I picked up a set of Rotosound Jazz strings for $20. Nice.

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

Archived