Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mech Licensing problem (from HFA)

Anyone ever had problems obtaining a mechanical license through HFA Songfile? Specifically, have you been charged for the license but never received it? I've used the online process before without problem. Now I'm trying to obtain another license, which the online process said it would grant. It certainly took my credit card info, posted against my account, but has yet to deliver a license after eight business days (normal is two days). I've emailed HFALicensingSupport@Songfile.com for the last three consecutive days without a response. I'm also on a deadline, so the license won't do me any good after this weekend. Anyone got advice or had similar experience? Rick

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do have somewhat of a similar situation that is ongoing. What happened is that their information on the publishing split for a particular song was/is incorrect: their records indicated that they could provide 75% of the licensing. After speaking directly to someone at the publisher of the remaining 25% I was told that no, their 25% was also administered by HFA! I found someone to help me out, make a few phone calls and such but it's been months and I still haven't recieved the actual license even though I've paid the fees, etc. If you have a tight schedule I'd suggest forgetting e-mail and get on the phone to HFA. You also might want to give a call to Joani Patterson at CopyClear.com & see if she can help you out (though as I said, I haven't heard anything about my issue for months). Good luck!
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

I have not tried the online licensing, but the irony of this really strikes me as amazing... this industry gets ticked off when someone downloads a copy of a song w/o paying fr it, but when someone tries to get a license, they get the runaround. Well, FWIW, I've never had any problems with Fox in the past... but I've always dealt with real people. I'd suggest you do the same. Start with the first real person you can get, get everyone's name and contact info and keep moving upwards until you get a satisfactory resolution to your problem.

Archived