Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Peavey VB-2?

rizzo9247

I played a Peavey VB-2 hooked up to their 410 Tour cab at a local music store. With such a limited playing time of 30 minutes, I thought it sounded great, and weighed a heck of a lot less then the other all-tube amps on display.

Has anyone given this new (to me) amp a ride?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Jealousy!

Congrats on the new amp.

I have been very interested in these but there are absolutely ZERO of them in my locality, some day perhaps.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

online classifieds?

I strolled into Guitar Center in Carle Place and there she sat. I plugged into a Mesa 212 and had to have it, such a great, great clean tube sound. I didn't mess around with the second channel as much, but when I get it home I will give a full run through. I was unable to take it home as I was told that used gear had to stay in the store for 2 weeks in case it was stolen according to nassau county law, unless there was a record of Guitar Center selling it to the individual who brought it in. I'll be out there on Saturday.

VERY cool anick!! NICE!! I would have one of these if they'd been given a bigger presence in AUS. :( LISTENING PEAVEY??????

I haven't even SEEN one here let alone played one.

I've been gigging since I was 14 y.o. ('77-....) & have used all tube amps all my time. My back went on me last year & so FINALLY HAD to offload my loved SVTII NP :(

But since physio & gym has helped, I'm keen on getting back to my roots ;-) probly with a Traynor YBA300. As I said- IF the VB-2 was around, I'd probly have one by now, But the YBA300 is available at a good price & aint heavy either.

BTW- I HAD a GB Streamliner & it simply didn't work for me. I found it TOTALLY unuseable live (sounded great by itself)- huge bloom in the lows & lower mids & no cut thru in the mids = a monstrously muddy live mix & every band I played in complained so much I usually had to swap amps mid-gig!!!

I tried EVERY eq possible, & also every gain/volume ratio. No Go! I didn't think it 'acted' like an all tube amp either-like many say- but each to their own.

Everytime I used it live, -EVERYONE complained (& I felt it too) that it was muddying up the mix.

So, IMO, I've the next best thing to an all tube amp- a Mesa Walkabout. SWEET SWEET amp!

Congrats on the VB-2. Hope you enjoy the tooobe experience!

Ahhhhhhh Warm Tubes

Archived