Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NI Komplete 7

zephonic

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not the only one -- I expected to buy a new iMac last fall, before the shortage and monitor problems dragged on so long that I ended up waiting for the next revs, just out.

I doubt it has any street value, since there's no difference between upgrading from K5 to K6 or K6 to K7 vs. K5 to K7. I just have to eat it as a loss, I guess.

Oh, to clarify, K6 and K7 are Intel-only, which is why mine never got installed on my PPC iMac.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Nice!!! Now what do I do with the yet uninstalled copy of Komplete 6 standing in my studio..? ;-)

Ha, haaaa,- same here ! :-D

Well, I just watched the demos on their slow website and probably I´ll be fine w/ Komplete 6 and some of Komplete 5 installed.

I think we´ll get a Reaktor 5.5 update for free anyway, but also here it´s the most unused plugin of Komplete.

I don´t think I want Tracktor FX and tons of sampled instruments, even I was impressed by the Scarbee vintage keys and bass.

When I read "24 instruments" I thought "oops",- but it´s most sample-packs and Reaktor ensembles, so nothing really new.

Anyway, I got K6 upgrade for half the price this summer, so it will come the same next year.

1st let´s see how buggy it is and how it behaves on several different machines. Can be, it won´t run smooth on my computers.

I´m more behind CPU friendly modelling instruments than heavy sample streaming.

Sad NI isn´t going in this direction.

A.C.

U.S. $229 for an update from Komplete 6 seems high.

The 4 pianos are simply NI Akoustic Piano with new skins and perhaps some new scripting. The Scarbee stuff is good IF you haven't already purchased Scarbee keyboards in the past.

I suspect a number of Komplete owners who purchased some of these download only products are really going to be upset.

Also, there is going to be alot of confusion now that NI will have three versions of Komplete 7.

I like the way they repackaged all the Scarbee stuff.

When did the new organ piece get released? Missed it entirely. Edit: it's new and not relased yet.

That lame replacement for B4 II is now gone and replaced with a serious entry in the organ VST sweepstakes. 5 organs and a decent GUI comapred to the interim version which was kind of sad.

They do need to update the pianos next go round (or icldue the Alicia Keys). And add some Horns.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/powered-by-kontakt/vintage-organs/?content=1250

I agree on the pricing for some Martin but the way I look at it I purchased Komplete 4, got a free upgrade to 5 and need pay $199 or whatever street is for Komplete 7. I do own the Scarbees and VB3 but it's a decent enough refresh considering the Scarbee bass, the new organs, the Kontakt coupon, etc.

The new organ looks fun. Plus a coupon to get either the Alicia Keys Piano or the new Symphonic Strings or other Kore item.

The pricing for a new purchase is really competitive with some other suites. Komplete 6 was such a disappointment. In comparison this is something of a winner for new purchasers and owners of legacy Komplete owners(K4 and under)

I can't believe I'm saying something good about NI after K5 dropped Spectral Delay and Vocoder and K6 dropped B4 and EPs and the Prophet.

On the dowside you need a mainframe to run them :) Only the Pentagon has enough computing power to instance all 24 Komplete intruments at once. Maybe a well endowed Blade server :)

When did the new organ piece get released? Missed it entirely. Edit: it's new and not relased yet.

That lame replacement for B4 II is now gone and replaced with a serious entry in the organ VST sweepstakes. 5 organs and a decent GUI comapred to the interim version which was kind of sad.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/powered-by-kontakt/vintage-organs/?content=1250

What do you mean ?

I think the new organs are the same sample based engine like Kontakt/Kontakt Player and related to the 57 Drawbar Organ pack,- so no real replacement for the modelled B4II or a GSi VB3.

Or,- did I miss something ?

A.C.

The 57 drawbar was 1 organ tonewheel set and the UI was just awful as it was designed to be compatible with the Kore Hardware foremost rather than standalone.

The drawbar GUI was poor at best and clearly a secondanry thought.

The new one has 5 tonewheel sets and extensive mods and tweaks including drawbar mapping for Deopfler's, B4D, etc.

It's not B4 but its better than the first effort.

Personally, I see the 60s drums and Scarbee samples as justifying the upgrade cost from K6. I'm also excited about using Reaktor Spark and Prism.

It is a bit frustrating not to see any full number upgrades to any of the old guard. Battery goes to 3.1, Reaktor to 5.5, but everything else stays the same. We are all still waiting for Massive 2 and the like.

I still use B4, and hope that I don't have to switch to the sample based replacements any time soon.

GIGO

Archived