Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The $2250 copyright infridgement award

Dan O

Here is an article on the awarding of money for copyright infringement.

Here's the 1st paragraph from the aritcle:

"Fancy a $675,000 penalty for illegally downloading 30 songs off the Internet? That was the kind of music Boston University graduate student Joel Tenenbaum was ready to face following a July 2009 verdict that found him liable for sharing 30 copyright-protected songs on the popular Kazaa P2P network."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2366296,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03069TX1K0001121&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fpcmag%2Fbreakingnews+%28PCMag.co

I see songs on youtube that could easliy be recorded onto another audio device.

Are musicians really copy protected ?

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did he keep them in an infridgerator? :laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Heh. Just having some fun.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Are musicians really copy protected ?
No.

I see songs on youtube [...]
Indeed.

It's amusing to read the YouTubers who get extremely pissed off when unlicensed music is pulled from their homemade videos. Many will say things like, "Doesn't the band want the free exposure I am giving them?" The funniest/saddest one I saw was the person who was promoting a social/political agenda, totally clueless as to how damaging such an association could potentially be for the artist, yet calling the label every name under the sun for "ruining" the video.

Archived