Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One Weird Kid Starts HUGE Dance Party

itswac

This got a real positive response over at Talkbass so I thought I'd repost it here for BPM people. Hope you like it!

Check out this video

This one kid starts dancing by himself on the lawn at a concert and he's just got this weird wobbly dance going on. Then a couple of people join in maybe to make fun of him or maybe to just dance...whatever...the next thing that happens is the crowd starts to grow exponentially until there is this MASSIVE mob of people screaming and dancing and loving life.

Could there be a better metaphor for creating successful music/art? This kid is just loving life, doing his own thing and when others start to tap into that it grows out of control and the sheeple instincts kick in.

This video is a real unforced positive human experience that somehow caught fire and spread incredibly fast.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just goes to show you what one dude going unashamedly nutball can do...

There's a band name hidden in this. See if you can pick it out........ :laugh:

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

I'm not sure what show this was at but that's Santogold singing Unstoppable and who ever recorded that video has a GREAT device to record concerts from that distance. I saw her perform at the Hollywood Bowl last summer and everyone in the theater got up and started dancing when this song came on. This was also her last song in her set. Her set was definitely hype but because the majority of theater didn't know who she was they stayed seated until they saw a 1/4 of the crowd get up and dance when this song came on...that's when the entire Bowl started dancing. Santogold is also part of the underground dance music coming out of Brooklyn and Philly. Heavy bass and beats on her entire album.

Just goes to show you what one dude going unashamedly nutball can do...

There's a band name hidden in this. See if you can pick it out........ :laugh:

Let's see ...

- Just Goes To Show ?

- One Dude ?

- What One Dude Can Do ?

No, I got nothing ... :grin:

To Regend: I :heart: Santogold. Need to finally get around to pick up her album (guess it was still Santigold then?)

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

If Santogold is considered "underground" the world really is coming to an end. I like her music but it's definitely not "underground."

I was kinda thinking the same thing, davio. Here she'd be considered relatively mainstream. Which is not meant as an insult to her music, by the way.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

In a lot of them actually. I am the model for the girl doing the (I know I am going to totally screw the pooch in spelling this, but I will give it a shot) pirouette.

Good job, FT! I can't play bass worth a darn, but I can spell most people under the table.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

If Santogold is considered "underground" the world really is coming to an end. I like her music but it's definitely not "underground."

Maybe he was thinking wishfully about a relative location for her music......

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived