Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

QSC -K-12 & Traynor K-4 combined for stereo

johnnyd

I been using a Traynor K-4 for 2 years now for monitoring but was never completly happy with my sound. The AC piano didn't sound great and the overall sound was a bit compressed and mushy when layering multiple sounds from different modules.

I caved to my Gas and have a QSC K-12 on the way.

I have always wanted to run stereo for monitoring but don't have the cash for another K-12 right now,so I figure maybe run the Traynor with the QSC for now.

Good idea? Bad idea? I have a small Mackie U-420 mixer.

Would L out to the QSC and R out to the K-4 be all I need to do,or is there anything else I should be aware of?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would L out to the QSC and R out to the K-4 be all I need to do,or is there anything else I should be aware of?

Try to get as even a sound as possible between both sources. For a stereo image to truly work you must here the stereo field as one sound source not 2 summed speakers. You'll have to play with the gain trims and EQ's on your MAckie for sure to even out the VERY different sounds you're going to get.

Personally, I would run in mono and route acoustic piano and strings to the K12 and route Organ, EP's and analog synths to the traynor. But that would be me.

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

Try to get as even a sound as possible between both sources. For a stereo image to truly work you must here the stereo field as one sound source not 2 summed speakers. You'll have to play with the gain trims and EQ's on your MAckie for sure to even out the VERY different sounds you're going to get.

Personally, I would run in mono and route acoustic piano and strings to the K12 and route Organ, EP's and analog synths to the traynor. But that would be me.

Thanx for the input, I will experiment

BTW checked out your Floyd tribute page....Awesome!!!

Archived