Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

American Idol 2010

Paul K

This week my response is:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Lots of damn violins. They saved the best for last, but even she suffered from over-production. Much too much going on. I'd have preferred if she'd have done the whole thing acapella, with maybe the backup singers joining in later on. And whiter teeth.

And holy crap, Big Mike has been hitting up the room service pretty hard during this competition.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your saying, big Mike is getting bigger? I just can't seem to get in sync with the Judges. What they like, I don't like and If I like it they don't???????

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Your saying, big Mike is getting bigger? I just can't seem to get in sync with the Judges. What they like, I don't like and If I like it they don't???????

Indeed, I am saying Big Mike is packing a whole lot more caboose than when this thing started.

I find that I also just disagree with the judges a whole lot.

I guess you head that Crystal was fed up with the whole show and was packing up to leave. She was especially disgusted with Kara Dioguardi. Ryan talked her into staying in the show.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

• 4 weeks later...

Really? Lee is still in it? What am I missing here; what's his thing? I just don't get it.

I missed last week 'cause the DVR got too full of the wife's Home and Garden Network stuff that never got watched, and we're even a week behind in The Daily Show.

I thought Lee would be going home.

I would happily take Casey in my band but he doesn't seem like Idol stuff....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I think Lee has become a "dark horse". Odds are, Casey will go home next because he is a good entertainer and will have a good career. Maybe not as good as Daughtry, but good. Crystal is very talented but I can't forsee her future??? Lee will probably win and we will never hear from him again, like several other winners.

Rocky

Benjamin Franklin

I was sorry to see Big Mike go. Folks just didn't call in for him. Shame that. He wasn't always great, but I thought he had some unbelievably great performances.

I think Crystal is the most interesting performer left. Lee and Casey make me yawn.

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Big Mike didn't get the teenybopper vote. We have to recognize that is what drives that show. To me in the most recent years the better singers have been in second place. Remember Melinda Doolittle, the other David and of course the one I really liked Adam Lambert. At least I believe Adam will have a good career.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally watch this, but I did tonight because it was the season finale of Grandma Steffi's favorite show.

I'm sorry, but I burst out laughing when Chicago, a bunch of aging boomers, rocked out with a song about LSD. Too funny.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

The Alice Cooper thing was creepy. And Alice can't sing anymore.

The Simon love-fest gave the fast-forward button a workout.

Lots of really good duets. The Alanis Morissette thing was cool, and I enjoyed Joe Cocker's squeak.

And I'm telling you. Some Crest White Strips would have put Crystal over the top. What I'm sayin' is that she should have sold out. Lee? I still dunno how he even got on the show. But I truly thought he was gonna puke at the end of the show.

The Alice Cooper thing was creepy. And Alice can't sing anymore.
Yeah, and the BeeGees can't sing anymore, either, nor the guys in Chicago. I guess when you get old, you lose your wind.

The Simon love-fest gave the fast-forward button a workout.
Unfortunately, we were watching it live.

Lots of really good duets. The Alanis Morissette thing was cool, and I enjoyed Joe Cocker's squeak.
I'm not a big Alanis fan, but those two sounded pretty good together. And Joe Cocker does what he can.

And I'm telling you. Some Crest White Strips would have put Crystal over the top. What I'm sayin' is that she should have sold out.
My mom kept going on and on about how much she hates Crystal's hair, despite my constant reminders that this is supposed to be a singing competition. But I guess people are sizing up the entire package.

Lee? I still dunno how he even got on the show. But I truly thought he was gonna puke at the end of the show.
OK, too funny. When he was doubled over at the end, I said aloud, "Wow, he looks like he's gonna puke." I'll bet a lot of people thought that. Well, anyway, most of Chicagoland is happy tonight.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

We thought he was gonna puke too.... funny.

Paula made me puke....

Lee is not better or as good.

White strips would not be a sellout... toothbrush isn't.... same thing sorta...

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I have never been interested in AI, and the two minutes of Crystal singing "Black Velvet" did nothing to pique my interest. Volume and vibrato do not make up for actual singing ability.

I do have to admit, the backing band for the performers sounds pretty tight, it's probably not a bad gig.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Archived