Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

American Idol 2010

Paul K

Ladies and Gentlemen

I haven't really yet caught much of the latest A.I. season; my wife isn't pleased with my liberal use of the FF button. But that will change as the contestants get axed and the songs get longer.

But. Let the flames begin.

Peace

Paul K

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife is a huge Idol fan and watches it nearly every time, so that means I catch it too (ho hum). The girl who was booted last night chose a poor parting song and could hardly hit a note.

I've felt that many of the seasons have been lacking in real talent. Just my opinion of course.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

No male singer has impressed me thus far, and only a few females singers show promise.

Agreed; no Adam Lambert's. But I did see some talent that might do some positive development over the weeks like Anoop did last year.

Just watched this week's ladies.

Except for the top tier three, the rest of the talent is too young. They're just girls in a competition with ladies. And I say that with respect; it's a rare talent that can do this as a kid; there's not that many people who can be "it" without seasoning, not many Michael Jacksons in this world.

That, and the Wurlitzer wasn't plugged in.

Maybe it is the new venue, but the sound mixing seems terrible this year. I think there is some good talent on the show this year. Still fun to watch.
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

The girl who was booted last night chose a poor parting song and could hardly hit a note.

I believe their "parting song" is the same one they performed on the last show, so if she couldn't hit a note that could explain why she was eliminated.

Yes indeed, i beleive Ricky is still playing bass and is musical director. You get a quick shot of him here and there, but only if you're looking for him.

They show Ricky and the band at every performance and give him a lot of credit. He plays a four and six string electric and sometimes upright on some songs. He is introduced as the music director. You can hear him quite well on a good music system.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Bump.

Just kidding.

I just saw David Cook's version of Jumpin'Jack Flash on the results show. The lead guitar player did a 80's metal type solo with a "Sweet Child O'Mine" guitar tone and hair. So: a 60's tune with an 80's guitar in 2010. Bringing something old to something older. It just didn't do it for me, dog.

The Idol thing seems to have died off a bit in Belgium, but we're swamped with Michael Jackson-themed programmes now.

Sometimes interesting, as I've always had a soft spot for modern dance and there's some really really good dancers out there.

YouTube "Move Like Michael Jackson SBS6 Funky Primates" and see what I mean :thu:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

There are about three that are not too bad.

Didi also has a cool voice but I think I have heard it in someone else before... still cool. There is one girl (Shibon, Spelling ???)that is really freaky/strange. I really look forward to her performances. I like entertainers that make me smile. Mike is good and Crystal is good.

Paige had a crap performance last night. There is a guy that has blonde hair and plays guitar for most of his songs. He is good but "bar good" not "pop" good... IMO.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Indeed our buddy Ricky got some prime face time this week. Was he playing the upright also? I didn't feel like re-wrinding for it. Damn big bass, anyway.

Me? I like the guy with the big neck. Holy crap he's got a big neck. And skills. And the girl who sang Superstition at the end. She has a great scream. You can go far on a great scream.

Oh. And I almost forgot. Miley Cyrus. Really? Talent?

There are some talented singers, though you have to wade through a lot of mediocre ones to get to them. I don't personally watch the show, but if it helps someone's career, great. I hope it doesn't RUIN someone's career, but if the person is talented they will find another way if they want it bad enough.

One thing that kept me from getting into Idol is that you always have to hear familiar songs, most of which never impacted me much, and the original artist most of the time did it much better!

I guess I like to hear people who write their OWN songs and/or create their OWN style.....

I like Michael Lynch (do I have the name right? the huge guy). He hasn't been consistently strong, but there was one performance he did that was smokin. He killed it. I haven't seen all the shows this season, but that performance was the best I'd seen.

Ricky Minor gets a lot of face time this season. He's on stage a fair amount, and has played different electrics and upright.

I don't like Didi. I don't like blondhair guitarguy -- I find him boring.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Yea, I like Big Mike too. I wonder how much the contestants make from going on the tour? Someone said $300,000.00 ?????

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Hoo Boy was my screaming lady pitchy this week. Pitchy, pitchy, pitchy. Not my favorite, dog. Just keepin' it real for ya.

The back-up singers were the bomb all night long. Wonderful.

Someone please get that girl with the dreads some Crest White Strips. Maybe a few less Marlboro's would help the situation also. But she sang well once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, man. I'm so behind. I just saw the bag pipes episode. Boy howdy that was a bad idea.

That said, I'm really liking the guy with the Peter Frampton hair. And not just because I've got a thing for Peter Frampton. Real nice guitar work, real nice interpretation.

And again. Seriously. Get that chick some Crest White Strips already.

So many boring song choices this year.... unbelievable..

Indeed. I think it's because we've been spoiled by Adam Lambert.

To be fair, many of the contestants are very young. They'd have to be superheroes to take a piece of sheet music and make it into something totally new.

So many boring song choices this year.... unbelievable..

Indeed. I think it's because we've been spoiled by Adam Lambert.

To be fair, many of the contestants are very young. They'd have to be superheroes to take a piece of sheet music and make it into something totally new.

pfft.......every time I try to play some sheet music it turns into something totally "new". I do it w/o even trying.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Archived