Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Electro-Harmonix V256 Vocoder

Mark Schmieder

http://www.ehx.com/products/v256

So far, I am more impressed by this unit (and its predecessor, the Vocal Box) than the Roland Vocoder technology currently on offer. I am a huge fan of the old EMS vocoders (my favourites), and one of the people behind that technology was involved in the design of this unit.

Current demos are awful, but I assume the technology is similar to the Vocal Box unit from E-H, which has much better demos.

That earlier unit has some issues with tracking, so the new unit, which is fully dedicated to vocoding, seems a better match than one that is focused mostly on vocal harmonies. I'm not keen on the auto-tune feature in the new model though.

Of special note is the ability to accept a line level signal like a guitar and to function almost like a Talk Box effect.

This unit (and the Vocal Box effect) is only around $210. It will probably satisfy those who were trying to get ahold of Warp Factory before (a unit that was supposed to get revised last year, but the company kept faltering).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived