Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lessons on Long Island

SteeVtheRipper

I was wondering if anyone here knew any good places or people to take piano lessons from on Long Island, NY. I already know how to play but I am looking to sharpen my skills and learn different styles, everything from classical to rock. So if you or anyone you know is looking for a student lemme know!
1974 Rhodes, CP70B, Polivoks, Dominion 1, Behringer D, Mother 32, DFAM, MS20 Mini, Folktek Mescaline, Nord Lead 2x, KArp Odyssey, Jv1080, Digitakt, Hydrasynth,

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where on LI are you, and where are you willing to go? There are at least a couple of members on LI (Nicky, legatoboy) and some in the city (D-Bon for one). I don't know if any of them teach, but I know legatoboy has mentioned his teacher.

What's my connection? I grew up in Centerport. I hope the next time I'm up there we can have a NY/LIKCFH!

Good luck and keep us posted.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well I kinda bounce between Rockville Center and Manorville, which pretty much are at opposite ends of the island so anything in between is doable. The city would be less likely to happen.

I have been pretty much playing by ear for years. I took a few lessons when I was a kid and I can read music but very slowly. I just am looking to get technique under my belt because I want to start writing music but I find I keep getting stuck because I don't know how to reproduce certain styles.

1974 Rhodes, CP70B, Polivoks, Dominion 1, Behringer D, Mother 32, DFAM, MS20 Mini, Folktek Mescaline, Nord Lead 2x, KArp Odyssey, Jv1080, Digitakt, Hydrasynth,

I live on Long Island, but the last time I took lessons was 15 years ago. I'd guess that my teacher is retired by now.

There are a number of highly regarded teachers in my area (Setauket/Stony Brook). People connected in one way or another with the university. I'll have to find out which teachers work with adults.

However, if I were you, I'd be narrowing my search to a teacher near either Rockville Centre, or Manorville. It sounds like you drive enough. Who wants to take a 20 mile drive to go to piano instruction?

well its not so much about the drive as it is the quality of instruction i guess. im willing to drive if im being taught by someone who knows what theyre doing. and isnt gonna charge me an arm and a leg, i need those to play ;-)

Archived