Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vox DA5 or Roland Micro Cube

Junior 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Roland Micro Cube. I travel alot and while someone else is driving, I plug the micro into a cigarette lighter adapter and play along with the radio, or sometimes put in a backing track disc to play along with. Although it is solid state and not very loud, the clean settings sound pretty darn good. The best use I've found for it though is sitting on a boat out in the middle of a lake and jammin with someone on acoustic guitar or even all by myself.

I haven't tried the Vox or the Pignose so I can't really compare which one is best... but everyone should have one of these.

SEHpicker

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

I have the Vox DA5 and absolutely love it. Very flexible, but to be honest, I found my "perfect" tone on it and just leave it there. It sounds best with batteries that are just a little bit "brown". The Roland Micro Cube is a good amp, too, but I don't have as much experience with it.

I'd suggest that you roll down to your local GC, set 'em up side by side and see which one tickles your ears best.

There is no "last guitar."

The Vox has a bigger speaker and cabinet (if that word applies to something that size), it can handle the low E and A strings without the warbling/distortion you get on the Roland. The tradeoff is the portability is a little less with the Vox.

Archived