Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chet beat Eddie to it!

picker

There was a duet CD, called `Chester and Lester` that my former guitar teacher recommended to me and I`ve never been able to find it.

Here ya go, at Ama-zon-dot-com:

RCA B000ROAL8A

_____________ Chester & Lester

_________ http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mJ9TLRdSL._SS400_.jpg

Buy it. Listen to it. Despair.

How so? no one`s ever going to mistake me for competition for these guys.

I aspire to be more like those above me-better than standing on a ledge aspiring to be like those below me, if ya net my drift...

O.K., you may be a bit healthier than me emotionally...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a duet CD, called `Chester and Lester` that my former guitar teacher recommended to me and I`ve never been able to find it.

Here ya go, at Ama-zon-dot-com:

RCA B000ROAL8A

_____________ Chester & Lester

_________ http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mJ9TLRdSL._SS400_.jpg

Buy it. Listen to it. Despair.

How so? no one`s ever going to mistake me for competition for these guys.

I aspire to be more like those above me-better than standing on a ledge aspiring to be like those below me, if ya net my drift...

O.K., you may be a bit healthier than me emotionally...

Ha, well don`t get me wrong-it`s a lot easier to say that than live by it. If you read my account of my holiday travels, I

got put on the spot by a guy probably 20 or more years younger than me. Now to be fair, this was a party and I don`t play much under the influence these days, but still...

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Caevan,

there is an Amazon Jpn actually, the Mrs sometimes uses it, I tend to go the ebay route, I can buy CDs/DVDs & have them delivered to my mailbox then buying new here & often even cheaper than buying used as well, the Japanese get seriously gouged on Cds/DVDs except for a some imported stuff which can be reasonable priced

All Amazon orders are routed to whichever their world-wide warehouse facilities is closest to the delivery destination & that has the item in stock.

d=halfnote

here they are in the flesh, so to speak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfjD680wQJI&feature=related

great post...my buddy and I heard about Les dying while up camping and both of us ordered Chester & Lester in memory that same day, over his girlfriends cell phone...couldn't wait for it to come in...didn't think about youtube till I saw this post...will bookmark it...thanks for sharing. :thu:

Take care, Larryz

I have Chester & Lester on vinyl.I believe some of the session was filmed, saw some clips from it on the PBS American Masters special on Les. Way I heard it, Chet booked studio time, got some players together, wanted to rehearse, Les wanted to wing it; there was maybe a phone conversation about what songs they'd play and that was pretty much all the pre-production for the recording. Amazing.
"The Blues ain't got no dental plan."-"Bleeding Gums" Murphy

Actually too - the album that this came out on is called Country (After All These Years) and it was done in 1982, so Eddie was certainly doing the two handed tapping thing before this came out. That doesn't mean Chet wasn't doing it before, but you can't prove it by this video.

Regarding Chester and Lester, that's one of the best guitar albums recorded by anyone ever, I'd put it in my top 5. Another one you all should check out is the double album CD with "Me and Jerry" and "Me and Chet." You can find it on amazon too, it's Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed and it might just make you want to turn all your guitars into kindling wood or toothpicks.

Archived