Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new geek tattoo.

Gabriel E.

I think the tattoo on the bottom qualifies me as a true tube geek.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs186.snc3/19377_1209814443886_1184473646_30572686_4126277_n.jpg

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caevan - I'm not a fan of EL84/6CA7 tubes. They're for losers.

Picker - Not getting it colored in - all my tattoos are monochrome.

Larry - Now that you mention it, I should have gotten the entire schematic for the Fender 5F4 Super-Amp circuit tattooed. That would be pretty cool. Or maybe the schematic for the Mesa/Boogie MK-V - that would cover my whole body.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Shirley, you jest. EL34, not EL84; sure, the latter, EL84s, are for losers- like all the lame losers that ever played Vox, Matchless, Bad Cat, or Behringer amps. But real men play EL34s, like Marshalls- just ask Yngwie.

Boogie, schmoogie- go for the Fender 5E8-A schematic, the original dual-rectifier.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Shirley, you jest.

Don't call me Shirley(it had to be said), and just go "6L6", like any REAL American would. "EL34" or "EL84" or "EL" anything is for Brit wannabes and other such tummygummers...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Shirley, you jest.

Don't call me Shirley(it had to be said)

Aaah, but only if I had said, "Surely, you jest".

"EL34" or "EL84" or "EL" anything is for Brit wannabes and other such tummygummers...

OK, but the schematic-diagram for an EL34 valve would be the same for a 6CA7 tube, a proudly American bottle of lightning, as demonstrated on several early albums featuring a young EVH, among others. And our worthy neighbors in Canadia can be proud of 6CA7 deployment in some particularly cool sounding vintage Traynor amps. A fiercely authoritative, @$$-k!ck!ng 60 watts from a duet of 6CA7s should stir the hearts of rockin' patriots of either side of the Falls.

Yhup. After all, didn't Brian May play EL84-laden Voxes on some song called "We Are The Losers" or somethin' like that? In some band called 'Princess' or somethin'?

Caevan - I'm not a fan of EL84/6CA7 tubes. They're for losers.

Picker - Not getting it colored in - all my tattoos are monochrome.

Larry - Now that you mention it, I should have gotten the entire schematic for the Fender 5F4 Super-Amp circuit tattooed. That would be pretty cool. Or maybe the schematic for the Mesa/Boogie MK-V - that would cover my whole body.

I thought about it before the post (ie. this is only going to encourage you to add more art) and you already have a cool tat, so if you must...a whole schematic on the back would be pretty cool...but do pick your favorite...nothing wrong with the Mesa Boogie or the Fender...

Take care, Larryz

Archived