Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carvin founder passes away...

02R96

Got this Email today from Carvin

Lowell Kiesel: 1915 - 2009

It is with great sadness that Carvin announces the passing of it's founder, Lowell C. Kiesel. Mr. Kiesel was born in Nebraska in 1915, and as a young man, spent time in Wichita, Kansas, where he developed an interest in musical instruments; specifically, Hawaiian steel guitars, resonators and the electronic aspects of these instruments.

He founded the L. C. Kiesel Company in 1946, and began winding pickups on an old sewing machine owned by his wife, Agnes. The company was located in Los Angeles, briefly relocated back to Mr. Kiesel's home state of Nebraska, and then moved back to southern California in 1949, where the name was changed to Carvin, after his two eldest sons, Carson and Gavin. In the following years, the company expanded from pickups to guitars and basses, amplifiers, pro audio equipment and other musical accessories.

Mr. Kiesel's leadership, technical expertise and innovative engineering concepts led the company for decades, and even after handing the reins of the company over to his sons, he maintained an office in Carvin's San Diego headquarters and remained active in company operations.

He will be greatly missed and fondly remembered by the Kiesel family and the entire staff of Carvin.

Dan

"I hate what I've become, trying to escape who I am..."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely a major milestone! Carvin and their catalogs have been a big part of the backdrop of Americana and guitars and all from waaay back. He certainly made his mark!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I don't believe there is another musical instrument company that offers as high of quality product as Carvin for the amount of money spent.

Rest In Peace Brother Lowell, your "Legacy" lives on.

SEHpicker

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Archived