Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lookin for a Looper

Creamer298

Sorry for the double post but I thought I should let Chad know that "Ya" is not a word either (ie. your new topic "Here Ya Go") on playing acoustic guitars...and you too have the right to use words that are not spelled correctly...I think it's "Here You Go" but I don't want to be pickey...
Take care, Larryz

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I got the JamMan and I've been satisfied so far. However, I can't figure out how to transfer beats and stuff from my computer to the JamMan. I hook it up via usb and drag the beats into the specified folder, but when I load up the JamMan the beats aren't on there. Any ideas??

One good way to get beats on to the JamMan is to record them from any source, so if you can hook up your headphone jack on your computer (like you would any output from a CD, Drum Machine etc.)and run the line to the JamMan...you can record a whole session of beats on different patches, then overdub instruments etc. once on the JamMan you can then save the files from the JamMan using your USB back on to the computer...or, you can burn a CD of your beats and then record them from a CD player to your JamMan...this will work until you figure out why the whole thing isn't being done via the USB...hope this helps Creamer...
Take care, Larryz

One good way to get beats on to the JamMan is to record them from any source, so if you can hook up your headphone jack on your computer (like you would any output from a CD, Drum Machine etc.)and run the line to the JamMan...you can record a whole session of beats on different patches, then overdub instruments etc. once on the JamMan you can then save the files from the JamMan using your USB back on to the computer...or, you can burn a CD of your beats and then record them from a CD player to your JamMan...this will work until you figure out why the whole thing isn't being done via the USB...hope this helps Creamer...

Good call, LZ!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Keep us posted Creamer, if you're into singing you will be surprized at how good that JamMan captures your voice and recordings...a great tool and memory aid for singer songwriters...and thankx Caevan...
Take care, Larryz

There are so many cool websites and user groups on looping and unusual ways to loop , I researched for over a year(while saving up $ as well) to understand how the different companies models worked the +'s and -'S and the price points and what I needed and what I did not (or already had which would have made some loopers features redundant) I dont think there is a wrong answer (unless there is a consisent quality control issue across the board on a specific unit and its not addressed by the company. I have The Electro-Harmonix Stero Memory Man with Hazari(which has a nice looper)A E-H 2880 Super Looper and the 2880 foot control(it really, really helps) as well as a Boss SL-20 Slicer which can record loops but can not save the loops( I was fully aware of that limitation on the unit(and to be honest its puzzling) but the pedal is realy cool, link stuff togther example=(through a Roger Linn Adrennalin III (was a II but I bought the two chip update kit and new faceplate) for around $90.00 and the VIII is a dramitic difference and posts on Harmony-Central seem to have similiar thoughts (now Roger Linn is making the Adrennalin available as software ) dont know too much about that, but a great on screen editor is available online as well (? called Soundtower) the info is on Roger Linn's web site, Sound Tower also sells (and ? some are free) for Korgs Pandora's and The M-Audio Black Box which Roger Linn was involved with, I have one

and got the free add on's and the floor board is nice but (long story how I ended up with it) if You can get the combo (unit and floorboard for a good price in very good condition its worth it) when it was full price I would say no and I bought it on closeout

(I think the add ons were titled Black Box ...can not think of what they called it, MAudio still supports it for drivers (Mac OSX Leopard (not sure about snow leopard (I run Panther 10.3.9)

and Windows sid enot sure if Windows 7 is up yet (its nice that it is cross platform and USB connected (and a power supply included)

I realy like Line 6 gear but have a bad back and the looper as well as the very nice effects unit +Verbzilla+looper seemed suited for floor board use (I could be wrong on both) but I have a Line 6Podxt (with 3 model packs) a Line Variax 500 and had and sold a Flextone IIIXL 150 watt 2x? (I liked the Flextone II bette as with the IIIXL ) each amp was voiced at a different volume (much different) to where to change amps(I had to volume down to 0 and bring it up slow, and the effects were tricky (it was one very loud amp) and until(after the 3rd amp model change did I realize I needed to go to zero or risk blowing my ear drums (a exageration yes) but very much to me a quirk that could have been adjusted) Going from say a Fender Twin to a Marshall and wow

Guess I did not try it out enough pre-purchase, I read the whole down loadable manual. I sold it and bought a Atomic Reactor 18 watt 1x10 tube slave amp which through docking stations and templates accomodated my Podxt, a Vox Tonelab desk top unit and I bought the universal dock for units (usually florboards per design) like a Podxt live that I use for the Roger Linn Adrennalin or even a Korg Pandora PX3 (my first modeling device)

I never use the drum features on the Adrennalin or Korg (just my thought not to) I was able to buy the Atomic and a extra dock and two emplates (one dock and template of yur choice came with the amp) and to make life easier on my back I bought a dock and template for the Vox Tonelab and the Universal dock (on closeout)

as far as where Atomic Amps stands I have no idea, there is a unofficial Atomic web site that has info and Atomic AMps merged with Fractal Audio but the new design of a 50 or 55 watt 1x12 & 2x12 combo Atomics some may have shipped I am not sure and there were some 18 watt units left with purchase from their web site only, I bought my amp from Sam Ash and the extra docks and templates from Sam Ash, American Musical Supply and the Universal

template from Banana's at Large. The ATomic Reactor does have a effects loop which is verry nice and they sound great, and bring to life digital modeling units such as as Pods etc.

** At Namm 2010 January a company from AUstralia is going to show their 130 watt amp that accomodates modeling devices

web site=

http://www.DVKTech.com amp is a GNR-130, I saw a ad in Guitar News Weekly's newsletter and it showed Digidesign's "Eleven"

inside the amp on a rack like shelf, he company also makes effect

pedals

Should be interesting no idea on the cost , they did state they would be looking for U.S.A. Dealers , I think "the Eleven" is $799.99 or $899.99 but its not limited to just that unit as far as I could tell

Well Ramblin

Peace

ambienttales

ambienttales

Circuit-Bending

Gibson Blueshawk

Epiphone Elitist '57 Goldtop

Line 6 Variax 500 & Workbench

Atomic Reactor Amp

Podxt

Vox Tonelab

Adrennalinn 111