Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cubase 5 users feedback

zephonic

I'm currently on C4.x and thinking of upgrading to 5, mainly for the pitch correction and drum sampler additions. Getting AutoTune and Battery separate would be more costly.

C5 users, how good is the included stuff? A viable alternative for the aforementioned?

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could say I've used those features, but sadly have not.

Your best best is to check out Cubase.net, and read the posts, or post your own question.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

I upgraded to 5 right away, and really like it a lot. I use the pitch correction almost daily on my jingles. It's very easy to use, and works like Autotune - - probably fewer features, but a very simple, straight-ahead interface.

The drum sampler is definitely handy - - I like having it there, but I don't frequently need it - - my XS6 usually covers the drum sounds I need.

I did play around with LoopMash - - great idea, but probably needs a littel more work. Good luck!

Does the pitch correction allow over-correction? Like the T-Pain effect?

I need that drum sampler because I always layer my sounds and have a pretty large library of samples made on my old MPC that I want to port to my DAW.

sorry - not sure what the T-Pain effect is. I actually haven't pushed it for any kind of effect, other than tuning up vox trax that are just slightly off here and there.

I think you'll like the Groove Agent drum sampler. PM me if you want.

The T-Pain effect is over-correction, like this

I don't use it that much, but it's nice to know it can do that when needed. Frankly, I'm a lousy singer without it!

I'm with DanS ... I upgraded to C5 about 6 months ago but haven't used any of the tools you mention yet. I'm still playing around with the VSTs that are included and trying to get my ES and M3 to play nicely inside Cubase. Sorry I can't be of more help but I will say that so far I am extremely happy with the upgrade.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

The T-Pain effect is over-correction, like this

Frankly, I'm a lousy singer without it!

And with it?

LOL...touche!

Archived