Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hallowe'en party

Dave Bryce

So, as some of you know, each year I have a big ol' Hallowe'en party, and we usually take to opportunity to have some of the musicians I know play a bit for the people here.

This year, the situation has worked out that three of the bands I play with will be performing here - Paint It, Black (Stones tribute), the Police Cars (Cars/Police stuff) and Marilyn's Last Supper (jam band). I'm just finishing setting up the room and ringing out the PA now (still missing the drum set).

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/IMG_0442.jpg

I have no idea how easy it's gonna be to cycle three bands through here during a party, but it should be interesting to try...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool! It looks like fun. You should take it on the road so I can see it. ;):thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

From the cobwebs, it looks like you've been neglecting your piano.

It actually gets played more than any other keyboard I own. It's my baby... :love:

The three electronic keyboards are through their own dedicated stereo PA rig (the Yamahas). The piano has a tube mic on it, and is running through the main PA.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/IMG_0443.jpg

It's amazing what you can do when you have a few days to set stuff up...and have a grand piano at your disposal... :cool::D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/IMG_0444.jpg

What kind of piano is that?

K. Kawai KG3. :thu:

dB

Hey Dave, thanks so much for having us over. As always, we had a great time! Sorry we had to leave so early.

I very much enjoyed your Rolling Stones tribute band. If I closed my eyes, I could imagine I was listening to them perform in a small venue. The only giveaway that it wasn't the Stones was that your lead vocalist sings more in tune than Mick does live. ;)

As for the visual aspect, your Poly Evolver's light show was very cool in the dim light and the Raiders sticker on your Kurzweil was also a nice touch. :cool:

One question -- did the laptop play a role in your set or was it there just for iTunes music during the breaks?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

That looks like it's going to be a real good time - wish I could make it. Great room to go chill out in when you just want a day of simply playing with no technical distractions.

Enjoy and Happy Holloween to all lucky enough to attend.

http://www.officially-dead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/halloween.jpg

dB I gotta hand it to ya...

YOU ROCK. :cool:

Keepin' the spirit alive at Hallowe'en. :rawk::evil:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Curious, though: What are the PA mains on the speaker stands? They look like something from Yorkville, but I'm not sure.

They're Yamaha wedge monitors.

One question -- did the laptop play a role in your set or was it there just for iTunes music during the breaks?\

Just played break music.

Thanks for coming, brother Geoff! Always great to see you and the family!!!!

By the way, grand piano plus 3 big synths but no room for drums?

As previously mentioned - the drums weren't there yet. They went in between the bass amp and the piano when they showed up....

dB

From the cobwebs, it looks like you've been neglecting your piano.

It actually gets played more than any other keyboard I own. It's my baby... :love:

What kind of piano is that?

K. Kawai KG3. :thu:

Yeah, my piano gets more attention than anything else, too :) Sometimes I get into electronic geek mode and neglect it though. Mine's a Boston GP 163.

I love Halloween parties! Thanks for sharing this setup-- I'm finding it inspirational.

That David Eden bass head looks like mine, too :)

Carlo, you're talking about the shirt, right? The guy in it doesn't matter, correct?

;)

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Looks great mate :thu:

A celebration we in Australia never really took up although as Australians we know it intimately from American shows and movies.

"Happy Days" is our American cultural textbook..hee hee :love:

Mind you in recent years some local kids parade in simple costumes asking for lollies [candy], but obviously its not part of our past. But we do know it well. Richies party's were always such fun...thank god for Ralph Malph. And Potsy always had a babe at them. ;)

Anyway the celebrations look like fun,and your's really looks amazing,thanks for sharing.:wave:

[talks with Vincent Price voice] :/

a keyboardist heaven....or as it is Hallowe'en.. I mean HELL...

[laughs with manic / evil hilarity as fades to cut] :evil:

If you're friends with dB on FB, he's been tagged with pics from this party and you can see his costume, among other things. :eek::o:D

If you're friends with dB on FB, he's been tagged with pics from this party and you can see his costume, among other things. :eek::o:D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/dBTim.jpg

The Tim effect was better before I took the long beard off...I just couldn't sing through it... :D

dB

That David Eden bass head looks like mine, too :)

It's a Markbass. So's the cab.

dB

Quality stuff, renowned over at the Lowdown. My bassist brother has a Little Mark II head that he can carry around in a backpack, laptop bag, etc. and plug directly into the PA. Not that his Markbass cab is heavy or sounds bad either...

Looks like a sick, sick setup in there! There's no way a party with that much gear isn't great!

Archived