Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can anyone tell me the difference...

adfa

Funny thread. Just seeing this, but I figured out he was talking about auto-accompaniment keyboards pretty early on.

So which is easier, pressing play on your mp3 player or actually learning how to play the song? That's the difference between letting an auto-accompaniment keyboard do the work and playing piano.

As the very first person who replied said, get a teacher.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for all the answers.I really appreciate them because you have spent your time answering my questions.If I do not have problem finding a teacher to teach me,I won't bother to ask you.I think I have put my effort finding information to learn music.It seems not right finding it in this way.Anyway,this is my last post.I think I should carry on living my life.Thanks again.May all of you succeed in your carrier.

The first person to respond to your first question ..........suggested that you get a teacher.

WMP,

I saw your post and wanted to reread my post but it seems to have "disappeared". I don't remember violating any rules and I know it was not my intention to be unkind, so I'm puzzled as to why it would be removed. Would you mind telling me what your impression of my response was?

I reread the OPs 1st post and my response is the same. He needs more direct and personal guidance than one can expect from a forum.

Steve, it didn't disappear. It's in adfa's first thread here. I was mistaken. You just asked if he had a teacher. Hard to interpret that as being unkind in any way. After rereading my last post, it's pretty clear that I'd be outta here if being unkind was against the rules.

Adfa, I think you've gotten some great information about learning music here. Auto accompaniment keyboards are not highly recommended, especially for beginners. There are no shortcuts to learning music. You have to learn to read and write the language, learn theory, train your ears.

The difference between pianos and other keyboard instruments is a long journey on top of all that. The notes are in the same place on all keyboard instruments, but the similarities end there. Your original question is so general, nebulous, and naive that it's impossible to answer.

If you are serious about learning music and playing keyboards, I think this forum is a tremendous resource. Even for a complete beginner. You'll get better answers if you can be more specific with your questions.

--wmp

I think I have put my effort finding information to learn music.It seems not right finding it in this way.Anyway,this is my last post.I think I should carry on living my life.Thanks again.May all of you succeed in your carrier.

I am deeply inspired by your effort to learn music... you seem to be well on the way to a wonderful carrier in music.

Good luck!

Archived