Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Booker T. Interview

Wizz

I liked the Booker T. Keyboard TV interview. I actully read the article when I first got the August issue. Then recently took the time to watch the Keyboard TV interview.

It was cool to watch and listen to the pointers on how to play Green Onions and Hip Hugger. That was very useful for learning how to play those songs.

I listened to the Booker T and the MGs when I was growing up. People would play their songs on the Juke Box all the time. I mean play Hig Hugger over and over. Back then you had to pay money (about a quarter) to play a song in a Juke Box.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coincidentally, I stumbled across it last night. I liked the breakdown of Green Onions. I'd learnt it wrongly (as I'm sure most do).

I love the MGs. Simple, sure, but their music just sounds so good. A perfect rhythm section for Stax.

PS, does the august issue have transcriptions? Keyboard mag isn't stocked anymore in any newsagent near me and I don't want a subscription, but I might go for a back-issue...or perhaps get off my lazy backside and transcribe what's on the video!

I can see that I've screwed up the riff on the V chord- my guitarist always wants to make that a V7 and watching the video I can see he's playing an Eb on the V, making it a v7 (minor five chord).

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Archived