Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oasis breaks up

jeremy c

My brother and I get along very well and have no trouble performing together.

(I guess that's why we're not famous.)

Well, now you know what to do -- next time you play a show together, turn around and punch him in the head.

That oughta get things going.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a history of brothers in bands that have had very tumultuous relationships on and off stage. The Gallaghers. The Robinsons. Ray and Dave Davies. John and Tom Fogerty. Even Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey. It's got to be incredibly difficult in some of these instances because there's so much personal baggage already, AND you're trying to keep a musical project together.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

I never had a problem with Oasis' music--I always found it to be simplistically catchy and marginally clever jangle Brit-pop. Not the best thing in the world, but certainly not worthy of being reviled.

"Wonderwall" put them into "reviled" category for me.

If you're going to anchor your entire hook melody on one note, kindly at least hit that note? I mean, being flat on the rest of it was par for the course, but the foundational note of the stupid chorus was flat, every single time....

My band has two sets of brothers.

One pair gets along well enough - I don't see a lot of tension in or out of the band.

The other pair are very different types of people, and I can't tell how close they are. They live close, get together often, their kids and wives are close. Still, there is some tension, and there have been two incidents (in 10 years). We've managed...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

So, I heard a couple songs by these guys on XM and it brought to mind a Zappa quote:

"Modern music is people who can't think signing artists who can't write songs to make records for people who can't hear."

So, there.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived