Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can anyone help me?

GreySeraph

I reallllllllly wanna buy a JMJ-30 amplifier. I tried my buddy's the other day and it made me wet myself. Who wants to help me find one? Does anyone know the whereabouts of one for sale?

My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer

Ibanez 03 JEM7VWH

PRS McCarty Soapbar

Diezel Herbert 2007

Peters '11 Brahms Guitar

Byers '01 Classical

Hippner 8-Str Classical

Taylor 614ce

Framus Texan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not call JMJ Amps?

Currently in limited production: the JMJ-30*

*Please note, we are not currently accepting new orders!

That's a pickle! A couple of quick searches on Google and e-Bay turned up nothin' for sale...

If I happen to run across one by any means, I'll let you know A.S.A.P.!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

haha yeah paul-- that's my predicament (as explained by caevan). This amp was just gorgeous. My friend somehow got one for 1400 and i wanna just cry because of it hahaha. He tells me he might know of a guy who's willing to part with his for 2800 (and it was put in a vox headcase and what not, since the amps are delivered bare). I might just do that, though he's unsure about how reliable the source is.

My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer

Ibanez 03 JEM7VWH

PRS McCarty Soapbar

Diezel Herbert 2007

Peters '11 Brahms Guitar

Byers '01 Classical

Hippner 8-Str Classical

Taylor 614ce

Framus Texan

haha yeah paul-- that's my predicament (as explained by caevan). This amp was just gorgeous. My friend somehow got one for 1400 and i wanna just cry because of it hahaha. He tells me he might know of a guy who's willing to part with his for 2800 (and it was put in a vox headcase and what not, since the amps are delivered bare). I might just do that, though he's unsure about how reliable the source is.

Doh!

Sorry. I didn't see the "no new orders". This is the first I've heard of them. Sounds like a hell of an amp. Good luck!

Ever try any Matchless or Bad Cat amps, Grey'? Could one of those be a viable option for ya?

Yes I have haha. I'm sorry if I sound like an ass, but no they fall short for me. I would like to say that everyone's got these archetypal sounds that everyone knows deep down inside, even if they havent heard them before-- that when they hear it they know it to be THAT sound. The JMJ was the fulfillment of that particular sound (THAT sound being for the British spectrum). That being said, I still love my Diezel too, as it does a completely different job for completely different things. I could never do Vai stuff that I love on the JMJ. Jazz sounds better through the Diezel hands down. The clean is completely CLEAN and pristine. That being said, I could never do Queen on the Diezel. I could never do Thrice or many other things I love. Oh well. /rant.

For those who need the heads up: the JMJ is a complete reiteration of the original runs of Vox AC30s. I tried it with a scumback 30 watter that was one of those reiterations of the pre rola greenbacks, in an opened isolation cab, and it was PERFECT.

My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer

Ibanez 03 JEM7VWH

PRS McCarty Soapbar

Diezel Herbert 2007

Peters '11 Brahms Guitar

Byers '01 Classical

Hippner 8-Str Classical

Taylor 614ce

Framus Texan

Aah, I take it that the cab was more like a closed-back 1x12, than an open-back cab of any type, eh?

I'm sure that the JMJ is a killer Vox AC30 type, but I'd bet that ANY Vox AC30 type paired with a closed-back cab and a "pre-rola" greenback or similar speaker will sound more like what you loved there, than one with the more typical open-back cab.

I'm gonna e-mail an AC30TB lovin', vintage-speaker experienced friend of mine, and ask his input on where to find either a JMJ, or what else might be in its league...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

dude Caevan I love you ahahahaha. Thanks for your help man! :D

and yeah, it was closed back. I LOVED the tightness of the sound; even with the tubes overdriven a TON, there was SOOOO much clarity-- you could hear all six strings separately and evenly! It was perfect! I dont know about just ANY AC30 though...Those new ones sounded nothing like this, and I really actually thought the JMJ 30 didnt pin the AC30 so much as it just pinned itself to my heart ahahahahahaa (not to be cheesy or nuthin')

My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer

Ibanez 03 JEM7VWH

PRS McCarty Soapbar

Diezel Herbert 2007

Peters '11 Brahms Guitar

Byers '01 Classical

Hippner 8-Str Classical

Taylor 614ce

Framus Texan

Archived