Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New York Songwriters Circle 2009 Songwriting Contest

MikeNYSC

Hi There! My name is Michael and I am working with the New York Songwriters Circle. If possible, I'd love it if you could inform your members of this opportunity, for I feel that they could really benefit from it. Please read the information below and let me know if any of this interests you.

Thanks!

The New York Songwriters Circle is now accepting submissions for the 2009 songwriting contest in all musical genres, from songwriters worldwide. with over $25,000 in cash and prizes, including a top of the line Gibson guitar, performance opportunities with Grammy award winning rock legend John Oates, recording session packages with Grammy award winning producer Glenn Barrett, a feature on Q104.3 radio (New York and America's Favorite Rock station) and much more, this is an opportunity not to be missed.

Founded and directed by singer/songwriter Tina Shafer, The New York Songwriters Circle has been at the forefront of discovering top new songwriting talent for over 19 years. Norah Jones, Jesse Harris, Lisa Loeb, Vanessa Carlton, Gavin DeGraw, Kate Voegele, Company of Thieves, Chris Barron and Mieka Pauley are just a few of the performers the NYSC has helped launch to stardom.

The deadline for submissions is October 1st, 2009.* Songs may be submitted online or via mail with special awards dedicated to International and Young songwriters.

For more information about the contest, a complete list of judges, sponsors, prizes and to submit your music visit http://www.songwriters-circle.com/

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI, I am new to the site but have been playing for over 40 years.

My favorite genre is THE BLUES and that's quite easy to tel by the bands name...The Blues Disciples.

I am a HUGE GIBSON FAN with over 35 guitars but when it comes to AMPS I am a HUGE EARLY FENDER FAN with my favorite ampo being a DELUXE REVERB, PRINCETON REVERB, VIDRO-CHAMP, VIBROLUX< VIBRO-KING and my baby a 64 VIBRO VERB !!!!

Gibson Guitars and Vintage FENDER amps are like SOUP and sandwich.They are mean to go together.

I prefer the ES series but also am a huge fan of my 56 LESPAUl and MY FIREBIRD with 3 P-90's and my 66 SG SPECIAL, pretty much anything with P-90's....though I love my ES339,335,355,345,350,295,175 ad BRYDLAND I still seem to go for the ES-330 with those P-90's in it.

I guess I am pretty much very happy with my tone with P-90's.

Though one of my favorite Guitars is a TELE...I have an original 56 , 71 Custom and 72 DELUXE.....in the right hands a TELE can do anything and these being original is when FENDER was putting out TOP NOTCH guitars with ONE PIECE BODIES OF SOLID ASH !!!

I was wondering if this contest is open to musicians who are signed with a major label???

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you all in time.

later and peace,

St James

Archived