Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

carrying on with the MIDI drum concept

Okay, I admit it.... I allowed myself to get carried along on a sea of people who were all gung-oh about Toontraks EZDrummer. I bought it, and installed it, and checked to see that it worked, then promptly forgot about it for a year or so.

Long sad story short, I tried to use it, it said I was not authorized to do so, their support sucks (well, doesn't exist) so I'm trashing it and looking for a replacement. Who is using what in drum software, and what do you like about it?

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go to http://www.toontrack.com Go to Support/Authorize (assuming you're logged in). You can manage your authorizations from there.

Busch

I did all of that. Two things:

1. the reauthorization umber did not work.

2. what caused it to decide that I wasn't authorized to start with? Right now I had just intended to fool around with some MIDI percussion, but you know how these things are...sooner or later they would wind up on a client project. And then, when the software decides again that I'm 'not authorized', and i can't get authorized, what do I tell my client? It is simply not worth the possible disaster.

Has to be the most unfriendly and convoluted support website I have ever been to, and I rate 'support' as an incredibly high priority with any piece of audio gear. If I cannot rely upon the software, I HAVE to be able to count on the support. Which of course, begs the question... why would I put my reputation on the line by using software that is unstable?

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I use Acid & Stylus RMX, and for embellishments, Battery.

I used to program all my drums using an Alesis D4, but the ease in getting the groove down that Acid & Stylus provide can't be 'beat'. When Acid & Stylus are Rewired together, it's simply monstrous.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Archived