Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hi everyone

harvey

hey there...sorry i haven't posted for a while (I am currently offline at home - after 18 months of service my provider realised I live 'outside' of their wireless coverage, huh!?)

i've been working on my looping and ambient stuff...any loopers out there?

just set up a myspace www.myspace.com/stjambience

cheers,

harvey

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey again, harv!

ISPs bein' a pain, huh?

I've dabbled a little in looping, it can be some great, fun stuff. I got to see David Torn do a solo looping extravaganza in a small bar back in the late '80s, now THAT was great!

Whatcha using for looping your loops? Hardware, software... ?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Heya Harvey,

That's a cool track! (jambience no. 2) Ya must be using an ebow for that dark, beyooootiful melodic stuff huh?

Key of B minor. That's always a midnight blue one for me. :D

I'm diggin' radio the noises. A lot. :thu:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Have a Jam Man Looper by digitec and love it...great practice and recording tool...don't use it live...it will hold 99 complete songs if you get the 2gig card....you can lay down chord patterns that you use live to practice your leads and it actually does a great job of recording and layering tracks on the fly...a great writing tool also...some players can use them in live performances with a little practice...
Take care, Larryz

• 3 weeks later...

Hey thanks chaps...still offline at hm: been busy, shopping for a good deal etc.

Anyway...

1/ Caevan...I've used mobius (a freeware version of the oberheim looper thing). It's very cool and friendly, you can run up to 8 stereo loops at a time and drive it easily with a midi controller. Only trouble is I don't have a laptop and am not keen on lugging a PC around for gigs (although have done so in the past!). So...I'm currently using the looping function in my boss DD20. Very simple layering - no undo! - but getting good results as I woodshed. Of course I can't use the delays on the DD20, which I really like for creating ambient things, so I've got some other delays in-line. Ideally I'll get a laptop to run mobius on. Would love to see Torn!

2/ Bejeeber, thank you. Yes, it's an Ebow and yes Bm!

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

Archived