Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gig in Portland, OR tomorrow

If anyone is around I'm playing something for the brewer's festival in downtown tomorrow. It's a street thing on something like Couch and 11th? Deschutes Brewery is putting it on and shouldn't be hard to miss. We play from 5-8pm. Word.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This nonsense: songs.

It's a crying shame what's popular these days. The sad thing is, you can go anywhere in the country, and hear the same songs played every friday and saturday night.

But I digress. Enjoy the show if you can (it's a paycheck, anyway).

"Popular these days"? Are there any current top 40s in there? I don't know of anywhere here that I could go on any given Friday or Saturday and hear Ice Ice Baby or Don't Stop Believing live.

"Popular these days"? Are there any current top 40s in there? I don't know of anywhere here that I could go on any given Friday or Saturday and hear Ice Ice Baby or Don't Stop Believing live.

You'd be amazed how well those songs go over. We only started playing them because of the endless requests. Which was strange enough.

Billie Jean last weekend

Granted, they're well loved songs that I'm sure would go over well at almost any show...but I don't think I'd hear 2/3 of those at any cover show around here. That said, I'd go to the show if I were in the area.

I was just there today! Oh, the beer - the glorious, copious beer, in every shade and flavor. Funny, Tater, I'm headed your way for the weekend, to the Capitol Hill Block Party. Save room for a Voodoo Doughnut - they're right down the street from the fest.

http://www.voodoodoughnut.com

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Archived