Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard courses

sarahilsley

I have been recommended by a friend to check out music schools as I am a keyboard player and want to learn more. Does anyone know of any music schools that run keyboard courses? Someone suggested Keyboardtech has anyone heard of it or been there?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you live? What does your teacher recommend?

College school of music? What?

Welcome to the forum.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

What does your teacher recommend?

Oh, Dave... :snax:

I have been recommended by a friend to check out music schools as I am a keyboard player and want to learn more.

Any traditional post-secondary (college) school for music is going to have entrance requirements (i.e. you have to audition to get in). How much individual training have you had (i.e. a real life teacher sitting and watching you play, correcting posture, hand position, improper technique, etc)?

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Dave!

I live in Berkshire but am willing to travel into London or further if I have to! My teacher has recommended Keyboardtech, The Brit School (but I think you can only go there until you are 16? and Im 17) and BIMM. I just wanted some advice from other people and to find out if anyone's been to any of them so I can get more of an idea!

Thanks

Hi Sven,

I have been having lessons for about 5 years and have taken grades, I also do a few gigs a month with a covers band, but wanted some more expert training as I really want to get into session work. I have been recommended the schools that I mention above do you know anything about them/have you been to any of them?

Thanks

Sorry, Sarah, I'm in Canada, so can't help with your inquiry. I'd suggest that you update your profile here on the forum to indicate you're in Great Britain so folks know that when they see your posts, and hopefully some of our members from your side of the pond will be able to help out. :)

Good luck!

Archived