Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic B600H?

Tonysounds

So Im in the process of redoing my bass rig. I was using a Paradise Audio cabinet (basically a Henry 8x8 box loaded with a 15 McAuley and 2x10 Gauss and an SWR horn dialed off) with a Yamaha PB1 pre and an ungodly heavy ancient Crest power amp.

I have sold that box, and bought a pair of gorgeous, and gorgeously light SWR Son of Bertha cabs. I still have the PB1 (had it for 15 years at least), but am thinking of replacing it.

I played out of an Acoustic B200 at a jam last nite, and totally fell in love with the absolutely gnarly tone. So Im considering getting a B600H, or a brand new never been sold red stripe SWR SM900 ($500), or buying a QSC GX5 to power PB1.

Ive been a GK guy for years (used to run a pair of 400RBs, one into an 18, the other into a 4x10 full range), had a 2001 but sold it (WAY too heavy).

I love the sound of the PB1, but have really desired that grungy but not fuzzboxy grind.

I play a pair of Fender Jazz basses, one with passive Seymour Duncan Antiquities, the other with old school EMGs, both with Rosewood necks.

Recommendations?

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't ruled it out, but I keep hearing the same "reliability" factor when I talk to repair guys and salesman (who actually benefit from me buying SWR). SCARY.

It's still a real contender.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Archived