Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This is just too cool...

Boggs

There is a high-res orbiter taking pictures of the moon's surface and its resolutin is so good that you can see what is left of the Apollo lunar landers, scientific instruments left behind, and even footpaths the astronauts took deploying the instrumentation... Just WOW!

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waaaaay too cool, Boggs! Thanks, I've been waiting for these!

And even cooler photos are yet to come:

Though it had been expected that LRO would be able to resolve the remnants of the Apollo mission, these first images came before the spacecraft reached its final mapping orbit. Future LROC images from these sites will have two to three times greater resolution.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/369228main_ap14labeled_540.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

wow I was a firm believer that the moon landings were fake.

my opionion has just chaged!

thanks for the cool link

I myself was very upset when it first made the "news" that the Apollo missions might have been a hoax, and thought "those *%@ S.O.B.'s, they did it to us again!"; but since then, if you really, REALLY look into the veracity of the conspiracy claims, they don't hold water. National Geographic did an excellent documentary and expose program on the conspiracy theories called Conspiracy Moon Landing.

And there's also an overwhelming amount of corroborative evidence that indicates that the lunar landings were for real; the massive money and-paper-trail, for instance, and the fact that the Soviets were paying very close attention, particularly with listening in on radio communications- and if they had noticed even the slightest discrepancy, they would have jumped on the chance to cry "foul"! And then there's the reflector that the Astronauts set in place, that is used to this day to reflect laser-beams back to the Earth in research...

Semi-OT, but I was up the other night with the dreaded migraine (please don't ever get these!!). It was like 2:00 a.m. some day and I think AMC was on the tube.

It was "Capricorn One". Wow! What a flick :) Hadn't seen it in a zillion years. 2 thumbs up for a rainy Saturday night watch my friends with the significant other and some popcorn!!

I can't believe people are actually still disputing that one...

Oh, I know- it amazes me that supposedly intelligent people believe the moon-landings were a hoax, buying the conspiracy-theory stuff whole-hog without actually looking into the matter.

Oddly, they're usually folks who rail against Fox concerning some issues, and then turn around and unquestionably swallow Fox's moon-hoax program hook, line and sinker as if it was some kind of virtuous investigative journalism, nobly fighting the oppressive powers that be on their behalf... :freak::rolleyes:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/08sep_radioactivemoon.htm

radiation on the moon is the reason i thouhgt it might be a hoax.

i couldn't find the exact amount of radiation on the moon. but anything over 500 Rem per Hour 50% of the people will die. I know this cause i work around radiation every day sterilizing insuline syrings. we have about 3,000,000 curies of radiation in our vault. make a mistake and and you have about 1.5 seconds and you will die a very slow painful death. so the question is how much radiation is on the moon?

Why do you lay down? I say that it beats standing up! whats got you feeling so down? I hold up my empty cup!

Archived