Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gigspam! - Artisits Healing Cancer

moot

Here we go!

I need to be at the park at 10 to direct volunteers and will close the show with Wretched Men. Long day!

This one is for a 4 year old girl who is terminal.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/Mattulator/AHClegal.jpg

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Great turnout for the first event, donations were good and all the bands were great but the sound sucked - hard!

Not enough power on stage (2 duplex outlets on the same 15 amp breaker) played hell with all the amps all day. The sound guy used powered speakers for everything. 2 mains, 2 subs and 6 monitors. When everything was heated up it all turned to mud. All the bass players were tweaking knobs and scratching their heads. It was bad.

My effects unit doesn't like weak power and it wouldn't work at all so I had to play dry and it was pretty bad tone wise.

But, we made it and now we can plan the next one.

Oh, did I mention it rained right in the middle of the show?

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Sounds like - for a first time event - it didn't go all that bad. And the most important thing, you mentioned in the first paragraph - the donations were good. At the end of the day, that's what will be remembered. Everything else is a lesson learned.

I do a few of these benefits down here in FLA. We have 2 rules we try to follow - Is there enough power, and can we avoid the rainy (Hurricane) season? Nearly everything else is a crap shoot and out of your control.

Congrats on a successful event.

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Archived