Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trip to Fargo, ND

Wally Malone

I'll be travelling to Fargo/Moorhead in July. The 20th & 24th are both travel days but may have some availability to meet up with Lowdowers in the evenings of 21 thru 23. I not exactly sure of how far away from Fargo but know that SteveC is in North Dakota.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked it up and it looks like about 73 miles between Fargo and Grand Forks. I won't have a car while there, I'll wait for SteveC to respond to see if there are possibilities.

Wally

Wally, that would be great. I've never met anyone from here in person. Timing will be everything. The baby is due on the 20th of July, so I'm not sure how free I'll be around then.

Let's keep in touch and see. My family is in Fargo.

What are you doing while there?

Steve, while there I'll be doing an audit of AFM Local 382 and also helping them to indentify new leadership. Their current President/Secretary is ill and not expected to come back and the member who is now the acting Pres/Sec can only handle the job until the end of August. The local didn't do a good job of getting younger members over the years and hence the declining membership and the desire of someone from the current membership to step forward.

Let's see how the birth of your child works out since the due date is my arrival date. My wife's birthday is July 19 and at least I get to spend it with her before leaving the day after.

Wally

Wally, that would be great. I've never met anyone from here in person. Timing will be everything. The baby is due on the 20th of July, so I'm not sure how free I'll be around then.

Let's keep in touch and see. My family is in Fargo.

What are you doing while there?

btw, wally, steve is looking for a passive j bass. feel free to bring one along to sell to him. ;-}

have a great trip. looking forward to the nyc visit in september. working on landing a tub show for your pleasure (oar knot), and if so, you'd be more than welcome to play the fol on stage for an impromptu tune of some kind.

peace.

--sw

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

btw, wally, steve is looking for a passive j bass. feel free to bring one along to sell to him. ;-}

Well, I found out this week that my car is in bad shape - more to fix than it's worth - so I think a new bass is probably out.

• 4 weeks later...

Steve, thought I'd bump this up since I'll be leaving tomorrow. Glad I was able to be home today since it's my wife's birthday. Hope we get a chance to get together!

Wally

Archived