Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

wich amp

simus35

Hi i between 2 amp head the first one is the line 6 spider valve 100H and the second is the Bugera 333Xl. the first one i try but i don't like the internal effect and the distorsion is digital and pass by the two 12ax7. and the Bugera 333Xl i can't try because no dealers in my town. can you help me for that

thanks and excuse my english

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...if you already don't like the Line 6 Spider....then why are you asking which one?

Just get the Bugera.

I don't know the Bugera that well, but looking at the specs...it's all tube, all analog...no digital FX...and for me, that's the first choice.

I don't care for amps with built in digital processing....

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

If you HAVE to pick between the two, I'd get the Bugera.

Look on Youtube to see if there are any video reviews.

Otherwise, I'd look at all the possibilities according to how much money you want to spend...and then look on Youtube or websites with sound clips.

Although I tried them out in person, this is how I chose my Rivera amp and Digitech RP1000...by listening to them online.

I would then travel to a city in Canada that had a major store with the model you're interested in.

The Bugeras seem to get good reviews on sound quality, but not so much on reliability.

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

is on this i'm afraid, the reliability for the bugera. but i just came back from a music store and i try the Kustom QUAD 200HD with 2 4x12 cab with Celestion G12P80 and sound like a valve amp but is a solid state and sound like a hell. jesus is the first solid state i like and is just 1399$ Canadien with 2 4x12 Celestion G12P80 cab. now i'm still between Kustom and Bugera

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

orange, randall, bogner, engl

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Oh, man, I would imagine that there have got to be some amps from Orange and Bogner that you would really like, and probably Engl and Randall, as well. Why the limited focus? Try a lot of amps out!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I use the have a Kustom Quad 100DFX.

It sounded really nice when I first got it...and I thought the same things like you.

But after a week or two of playing it, I started to really hear the Solid State quality in the tone...and very quickly I began to dislike the crunch tones.

I sold it soon after.

All tube...all analog...the only way to fly, IMO. :cool:

You mentioned Bogner.I have a Bogner Shiva and its a great amp, but it costs 3 times as much as either the Line 6 Spider or the Bugera....so I don't know if it's in your budget?

How much are looking to spend?

And what kind of sounds/tones are you mostly after?

Do you want a head/cabinet...or a combo...or would you consider just a head if you already have cabinets?

Do you have any types/styles of amp you prefer...high gain, English crunch, American Rock...something in between...high wattage, low wattage...etc...?

Give us some more details...there are a lot of very experienced guys on this forum and I'm sure we could give you a few amps to consider...and you might even want to risk buying one online based on what people recommend and what you can find out on the Internet if it's real hard for you to actually go and demo them in person. Ive purchased a few amps onlineafter I spent some time researching and reading reviews. I havent been disappointed with any of the better quality amps Ive purchased

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

The style i like to play is very wide. i like to play iron maiden, black sabbath, ozzy and i like Joe satriani and sometime i like blues

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

The style i like to play is very wide. i like to play iron maiden, black sabbath, ozzy and i like Joe satriani and sometime i like blues

A couple guys I know in town have a Peavey JSX and they like it a lot. They both play classic, hard Rock.

One in particular tried it out against a new Marshall and said the difference in quality was substantial. I've never tried one myself, but they're both good players so I'm just giving more suggestions.

I really don't think I'd get a Bugera...too much of the Behringer stigma with that amp.

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Archived