Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally passed some major GAS

franciscomeza11

So I finally relieved myself of this major GAS I have had for probably 19 years.

Since I started playing back in 1991 I always wanted one. I have currently many guitars from different price ranges but it was about time I bought the guitar that inspired me to pick up music lessons

I'll be picking this Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro in Vintage Sunburst on July 1st at the Guitar Centre in Manhattan

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Traditional-Pro-Electric-Guitar-105312888-i1444565.gc

I can't wait...

what are you GAS'ing for at the moment???

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Cisco, nice looking axe. GAS pressure builds and builds....finally you gots to let it out brother. My GAS will be relieved mid-July when my Carvin California single cut arrives.... :D
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

A nice lo-wattage tube amp. I'm torn between a Blackstar 5 watt combo, which is pretty versatile; and an Ampeg J20 Jet, which has a great tremelo. With the Blackstar, I don't really need my overdrive & distortion pedals; but the Ampeg is pretty sweet sounding on it's own & can take a pedal well. Both are within a couple bucks of each other... decisions!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

So I finally relieved myself of this major GAS I have had for probably 19 years.

Dude...19 years is too long.

Gas should be relieved at least on a yearly basis...or sooner if the wallet allows.

Good luck with your new guitar...looks very sweet.

I always liked that tobacco/vintage burst finish. :cool:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Dude...19 years is too long.

Gas should be relieved at least on a yearly basis...or sooner if the wallet allows.

Good luck with your new guitar...looks very sweet.

I always liked that tobacco/vintage burst finish. :cool:

hahaha totally agree with you, thing is that I've done it now 3 times in less than 9 months... this should be the last one in 2 years at least... need to do the responsible thing and buy a house and stop renting LOL

but I mean, a Gibson is a Gibson, can't have a complete guitar collection without one

In the last two years or so I have bought: Highway One Telecaster, PRS SoapbarII Maple and a VG Strat. The Tele is the only one I really had planned on buying but the others just happened along when I had some money available. That doesn't include the amps, Vetta II combo and Flextone III (for backup). It's nice being in a band that actually plays (for money even) on a regular basis.

One of these days I'll add a Lester to my stable. Probably also an Explorer and a V and a Mockingbird and a Bich and a Jazz box of some sort and a ...

[edit] I forgot to add that I GASSED for the Tele for about 2o years before breaking down and buying it.

Nice axe.

The past couple of months I bought basically a new rig for gigs.

A Rivera Fandango combo (1-12", 55 watt).

and...

the Digitech RP1000 Multi Effects Unit which really impresses me. :thu:

This is going to have to last me for a while...GAS requires $$$ and I've used mine up. :o

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

I`m basically GASsing for studio time, got some drum programs recorded and I am chompin at the bit to get the bass parts going. I had an expensive wedding party to go to later this month, and my friend was so understanding about my prorities, he called off his engagement!

Unfortunately I`m only kidding about the connection to my priorities..

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I'm severely GASing for a jazz box - an Epi ES-175 or Jos Pass Sig.

Ask not what your guitar can do for you, rather ask you can do for your guitar without provoking a divorce or a visit from the police.

- with profound apologies to JFK

Just passed $2,600 worth of GAS and my entire living area is sitting here filled with my new Carvin PA equipment...looks like I'm good for 19 or more years until I let another one rippppppppppp..... :rolleyes:
Take care, Larryz

nice one larry, i should invest in a good PA too.... crap... another gas building up already?

Thanks...got the truck all loaded tonight and looking forward to the 1st gig tommorrow with the new PA..knock on wood and hope all goes as planned...I've been waiting a long time for a PA...hope you don't get the GAS bug too!!! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

Archived