Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KeyB Organ upgrades

Gary75

For those who are interested, I had a chat with the supplier of my KeyB Duo organ over the weekend to find out about the new upgraded spec available as a new organ and also an upgrade to version 1.

New drawbars

New faster keyboards

Tone controls

String Bass/sustain

USB compatability

No loadup time anymore, instant on switch on

11 pin Leslie

New reverb simulator

New overdrive simulator

The actual organ modelling has remained the same, although now with USB I'd expect this to probably be updated, but to be fair, I can't see what else could be improved on the actual organ modelling front.

Im pleased the overdrive is revamped, it's not too hot, it goes from mild to fairly heavy in the 12 o'clock position on mine. As for faster keyboards, it may or may not be a good move for me. It may make controlling ep/piano sounds challenging if using faster lighter keyboards, although to be fair there is width enough on the top to put a keyboard on (Kurzweil SP76 is a perfect footprint) My old C3 had some heavy action keybeds compared to my other later one so it may suit some and not others.

It's looking like costing around £500 to upgrade mine to Version 2. Mines still new, it's been sat ungigged in it's case while I have had eye surgery, really looking forward to getting out playing sometime soon now, although I think my driving days are coming to a close now which may prove a stumbling block in playing out again.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived