Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Willie Weeks on Bass - Awesome footage....

57pbass

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great footage. I just learned that Steve Winwood was in Traffic. I also found out that he will be touring with Eric Clapton. I looked into tickets.....but at $120 a pop for nose bleeds where you can't even hear the band is outrageous....but, I digress. That is a whole other thread.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I saw Clapton / Windwood perform at Madison Square Garden NYC.....Willie Weeks was playing the same Fender P Bass through a Aguilar DB750 and the Aguilar cabintet with 6 or eight 12" speakers.... he is so great..he just lays it down ...nice and simple...

www.danielprine.com

The first album that I ever owned was Van Halens 1984. My dad had to buy it for me. I was 9. My mom got mad because of the baby smoking on the cover.....although she smoked. Traffic was about 10-15 years before me, or when I cared. As far as I remember, Steve Winwood played crappy 80's music.

Be happy that I am now learned!

How do you sign a computer screen?

I saw Clapton / Windwood perform at Madison Square Garden NYC.....Willie Weeks was playing the same Fender P Bass through a Aguilar DB750 and the Aguilar cabintet with 6 or eight 12" speakers.... he is so great..he just lays it down ...nice and simple...

Because I have nothing better to do than nitpick: Aguilar makes a 412 and 810 but neither a 612 nor 812 although I'm sure either would make me wet myself. And then drop a hernia when I tried to move it.

Cool clip. You guys are old. :D

One should never date one's self...it can only lead to awkward and sometimes painful positions that are difficult to get out of once one gets one's self back to one's apartment after dinner.

Cool clip. You guys are old. :D

Some things about being old are FUN. :grin:

I saw this concert on TV last year. What can you say about Willie except, he's a really bad dude. His work on Lucky Peterson's Beyond Cool is really nice too; great funk, great blues.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

I really like the way the bass player in Van Halen harmonizes with the rest of the band..he really gave them their signature sound...

Mike Anthony. He does what a bassist should do when you have a pyro/guitarist like Eddie and a good but not great drummer like Alex - play simple and stay in the pocket. I like Van Halen. They do what they do well. Or at least they used to.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

I really like the way the bass player in Van Halen harmonizes with the rest of the band..he really gave them their signature sound...

Mike Anthony. He does what a bassist should do when you have a pyro/guitarist like Eddie and a good but not great drummer like Alex - play simple and stay in the pocket. I like Van Halen. They do what they do well. Or at least they used to.

+1

www.danielprine.com

Even dumber than Van Halen without Diamond Dave is VH without Michael Anthony. The other guys may have been more famous, but he was the more the core of the band than the the ego maniacs that fronted it.

Wolfgang on bass...come on.

Back to the clip...makes me want a P-bass again. Just a fine example of playing to the music.

Archived