Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NE3: Nord Sample Editor help

daBowsa

I feel a little silly asking such a seemingly basic question, but for those of you who've played with tweaking samples for the Nord Electro 3 or the Nord Wave, maybe you could help me out.

When I open the Sample Editor, it seems I can only build an "Instrument" from scratch. Even though I see the samples that are loaded on my Electro, and I have all the other .nsmp files from the Nord website, it appears that I can only import .wav files.

All I want to do is take two existing samples and turn in into a split patch. Say bass guitar for the LH and strings on the RH. I figured I could just "open" or "import" the existing Nord Samples and mess around with their settings.

So far, I've gotten nowhere. Anyone have any success with this or something similar?

-Ben.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben, I have not tried to built splits from Nord Library sounds...not sure if that is possible. I have a few where I mapped some sound FX and loops across multiple zones on the NE3, using .wav files as the starting point. It worked well and was easy (particularly considering that I've never really used sampling much before).

You may need to resample those sounds to get the end result you need, but would be nice if you could work with the Nord Library sounds directly.

I think there could be a good 3rd party market for the NE3, someone offering libraries of cool samples optimized for the .nsmp format.

I would certainly pay in the $20 to $40 range for a set of samples that fills in the gaps from what Clavia provides!

They have 9 Mellotron libraries, but barely even 1 of synthy stuff. Do I really have to sample my Micron for some simple leads?

i'm not sure i fully understand the original question but...

the NSMP file is not a sample, it's just a compiled bunch of WAV files I think.

I know because I sampled my analog synths.

I think 'split' is only available on the organ, so if you want split with the samples, I think you'd have to open a NSMP file, then go in and replace half of them manually, then recompile as NSMP.

Right, I wanted to build a sample set that had samples from one instrument on the lower half and samples from another on the upper half.

Anyway, here's the definitive answer from Nord Support:

Ben,

I'm sorry to say that the pre-made samples can not be edited. You would

have to re-sample them as a .wav file to make this happen.

-Kostas

Nord Support

Archived