Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Purchase

Catlin

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Tater, but yours then has to be louder!

Wally

\m/ rock \m/

I have the all black version of that very same bass. It rules most hugely. You have made a very wise decision, Cat.

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

There ahve been several cases of 6-stringers reducing to 5.

Is this a trend I wonder?

Davo

In the immortal words of that Zen philosopher-poet Tom Hamilton: "I used to think five-string basses were for eggheads. Now I think six-string basses are for eggheads."

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

I just came from school where I had a chance to plug in and play for a while. I love the three way pickup switch, it is something I am not used to using.

As far as the six string was concerned it was a matter of needing an instrument that was reliable, I felt that my six was unreliable.

The only cosmetic change will be to the pick guard, I want a tortoise shell pick guard, it will look like a odd twin of my Fender 60s Jbass! -Catman

It even has black strings on it (DR Black Beauties). It's obscenely loud.

Yes Tater, but yours then has to be louder!

Wally

\m/ rock \m/

I have the all black version of that very same bass. It rules most hugely. You have made a very wise decision, Cat.

There ahve been several cases of 6-stringers reducing to 5.

Is this a trend I wonder?

In my case, I didn't really reduce from 6 to 5. I'm keeping the 6 and selling off a couple 4s. I'll have one of each.

Every time I have had one of those in my hands I have wet myself.

Nice fish Cat.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

I had been eying one a few nights ago while I was out of the city, when I came back to my place I noticed my six strings neck had a horrible bow.(Looked like an S) Having just got the six back after eight months of repairs I deemed it to be unreliable.

When I took it to L&M I got a full return on the bass, which I did not expect. I was going to go with a simple Ibanez I think the model was 706, but with a little persuasion from some of the folks at the shop I tried the MM and loved it.

Archived