Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Official New England Sticky-Fingered BBQ Bassfest

davio

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Jewish clown with a curmudgeonly attitude?

Sounds about right.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Can't help but keep dreaming about this.

"1,610 mi about 1 day 1 hour" says Google Maps.

That's figured at 65mph. 75mph cuts time to 21.5 hours. I'm good for about 16 hours on one day of driving without kids and under certain caffeine induced conditioons. It's conceivable I could plan to crash at my brother's pad in Syracuse one night (17 hours at 75mph). What is Best Buy's rental return policy on a lightly used radar detector? Hmmmmm...

- Matt W.

What is Best Buy's rental return policy on a lightly used radar detector? Hmmmmm...

Probably 30 days like most everything else they sell.

Or pop up to eBay and pick up one of these and install it yourself. They're quite sexy unless of course you're unlucky enough to live in a state (like California) where laser shifters are illegal.

What is Best Buy's rental return policy on a lightly used radar detector? Hmmmmm...

Probably 30 days like most everything else they sell.

Or pop up to eBay and pick up one of these and install it yourself. They're quite sexy unless of course you're unlucky enough to live in a state (like California) where laser shifters are illegal.

Still about $700. Gas money + $700 = flying.

- Matt W.

Still about $700. Gas money + $700 = flying.

If you want to take a day off work that Friday (which you'd have to to drive anyway), you can fly Tulsa to Syracuse and back on Suday for $422.10 according to Travelocity. Gas would be about $250 for a round trip (assuming ~25 MPG and averaging $2/gal).

:D I'm here for ya, man.

Bah. My wife doesn't want to go. She says "why are we going there when it's still snowing?!"

I couldn't convince her that NH has only had snow in April like three times in the past 20 years. :(

So, O.K., then just tell her you'll bring her back some BBQ in a doggie bag... :cool:

By the way: Although it's not New England, New Yorkers are welcome to the NE G2G, but absolutely NO Yankees merch - no t-shirts, caps, etc. - allowed. You've been warned.

I guess we can only meet in neutral ground, like Arkansas or something ;)

Bah. My wife doesn't want to go. She says "why are we going there when it's still snowing?!"

I couldn't convince her that NH has only had snow in April like three times in the past 20 years. :(

True enough. If this website is correct, Manchester hasn't seen an April snow in at least 30 years.

Weather Underground

By the way: Although it's not New England, New Yorkers are welcome to the NE G2G, but absolutely NO Yankees merch - no t-shirts, caps, etc. - allowed. You've been warned.

No, you're more than welcome! Appropriate attire, is all I'm sayin'...
http://www.shegolfs.com/boston-red-sox/red-sox-logo.jpg

No, you're more than welcome! Appropriate attire, is all I'm sayin'...

You guys could always meet up in Tampa. :D

Great! Arkansas it is (for me anyhow) I got shot down on my dream. My lovely, beautiful, talented, dream killing, hope murdering wife reminded me that our families are bugging us to go to Minnesota and Montana this year.

- Matt W.

My lovely, beautiful, talented, dream killing, hope murdering wife reminded me that our families are bugging us to go to Minnesota and Montana this year.

Yes, and how could a bunch of gear-drooling geeks be more important than your beloved family? They...er....we are not.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Great! Arkansas it is (for me anyhow) I got shot down on my dream. My lovely, beautiful, talented, dream killing, hope murdering wife reminded me that our families are bugging us to go to Minnesota and Montana this year.

Her priorities are obviously skewed. I suggest packing the family up and heading to Boston. They could enjoy some chowdah while you hang with the LDLD gang.

That's a long wait for lunch.

I'm still hoping for a NYC-area person to join me, but it looks like I'm fully cleared to make the trip.

I told my daughter not to feel obligated to make the drive up to NH - I could stop by and buy her dinner. Her response? "It's pulled pork, dad." So I guess the chances of her coming are pretty good.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived