Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Official New England Sticky-Fingered BBQ Bassfest

davio

Who: Anyone willing to make the drive.

What: Low Down Lowdown get-together + award winning BBQ (+ the 234th anniversary of Paul Revere's Ride as Chad reminded me)

When: April 18th, 2009 @ noon o'clock followed by BBQ downstairs @ 4pm

Where: Function room above KC's Ribshack in Manchester, NH (and then in KC's Ribshack)

Why: Because we like you! M-O-U-S-EEEEEEE...

Several of us around NE have been talking for a while about throwing something together for a G2G and this is what we've come up with. We're chipping in to rent this modestly-priced function room for several hours where we can set up musical stuffs for the making of musics and then heading downstairs when everybody's sick of listening to eachother to indulge in pulled pork goodness and the optional adult beverage.

We're making it happen and you're invited (assuming you want to make the drive)! So far we have jcadmus, King Kamehameha (everyone's favorite Maisie), Captain Cutthroat, DJR_Bos, Brocko777, mro (who's "hosting"...his bandmate owns KC's), Chad and myself but the more the merrier (within reason...KC's can only hold so many people).

Bring your basses, amps, effects, balalaikas, sitars and zithers...but most importantly you and your appetite!

As I said, we're putting this together but if you'd like to donate to defray the cost of the room, contact mro.

Discuss amongst yaselves...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll also quote this from KC's online menu because it's probably what I'll be killing myself with:

The Cardiac Sam: Havin' one of those days when Ol' Cholestorol(sic) just seems a little low? One of these puppies will fix ya right up! A mound of pulled pork topped with cheese, pulled chicken breast, bacon, roasted red peppers, lettuce & garlic & herb mayo

http://www.ribshack.net/Cardiac%20Sam.jpg

So, what type of BBQ rules in Manchester, NH?

[video:youtube]

Manchester is beautiful, by the way. Visited there in '93 for my brother's wedding.

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

FWIW, Kevin and I are offering rides to anyone else who can make it to the Boston area. He has a Jeep and I have a creepy old Astro with the wrong kind of mojo so we can fit passengers and gear alike.

Lovely. Phil, Tim, David, Lenny, Graham and whoever I've forgotten do we need a meeting of LOBSTER to coincide with this event to show solidarity?

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

According to this trip planner thing it is 3083.9 miles from my house to Boston.

I could probably fit all my gear into my truck... but that 4 days drive would be brutal.

Just putt down to J's house and carpool. Roadtrip!

a meeting of LOBSTER

LOBSTER?

Oh, I LOBSTER and never flounder

He wrapped his line around her

and they drove off in his carp

Oh, I lobster and never flounder

I octopus his face in

Eel only break her heart

A stiffy somewhere in the city sewer system...

Heck, Cohizzle could rent a van, pick up wraub in AZ, stay on I-40 to pick up anyone who can get close enough to make a stop.

I actually could fit three other people in my vehicle, but if I were to attend it would be way cheaper to fly.

My summer schedule has not been finalized, so anything is possible.

I have a motorhome. I haven't fished across the U.S. since '02.

J and I could pick everybody up on the way.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

While these west-coasters are goofing around (er... I think they're goofing...), I am starting to plan to attend this event. I'm thinking me, 2 Bergs, my iAmp500, the Kinal, and the EB3.

What would make this easier would be another NYC-area lowdowner to help with the driving (or at least make sure I stay awake on the trip home). No problem taking my car (Honda Element).

If I attend, there is a chance I can get my daughter to come for the food part, thereby making the trip extremely delightful. She'll be neck-deep in writing a thesis, so she probably won't know until that day. Fortunately, you have chosen the correct type of venue - quoth my daughter: "That's about an hour drive from me - so maybe, I mean, who can deny the allure of pulled pork, right?"

No guarantees yet, but I'm thinking about it. Any other Yankees considering a road trip?

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived