Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

XK-2 Vs. Nord 73

RodWichita

This is not really a question but more on the side of what I have found. I ordered a Nord 73 and while I enjoy the keyboard sounds on the Nord, I was more interested in the organ sound. I have been using the hammond XK-2 for a few years now and overall enjoyed it, but really did not like the digital leslie. Espcially the spin up. I had changed it in the settings enough to be okay with it,but still not 100% satisfied. ( I have a leslie 122, but don't bring it around that much) I got the Nord last week and played at a show this weekend and was completly 100% satisified witht the sound. I could not play enough organ stuff. The only thing that I will need to adjust is the fact that it is much lighter than the XK-2, so I need to pull out the velcro and get it to stay put on the stand. Anyone who has a XK-2 and is thinking about a Nord, what are you waiting for. I had a blast.

Rod

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with your assessment. I used the XK2 for several years through both Motion Sound and Leslie 122 and it was smokin'. But if you compare them side-by-side, the Nord has surpassed the older XK2 in both raw organ tone (sans Leslie sim) and with the internal sim as well. Add to that the extra vintage sounds in the Electro and you've got a simple vintage machine that can cover your bases in a 20 lb package.

Archived