Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

55 Strat

Guitar Geezer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, that guitar has barely ever been played! Well, by my standards, anyways, judging by tell-tale wear on the maple fretboard, and a great lack-thereof over most of it. A whole lotta open-position "Eee" and "Dee" chords, for the most part, and not a lot of anything else! (Maybe they played a lot of slide? Eeghh, naaa, prob'ly not! :D )

Probably still won't be played much, either, and that's kinda sad, really...

It sure is purty!

It's kind of a white elephant, you wouldn't want to put much wear onnitt; Idunno, does keeping those old strings onnitt- flatwounds, too- have any special appeal to hard-core collectors, or would a fresh set of nickel strings be outta the question for the likes of them?

I kinda dislike the whole vintage guitar market, and the way even guitars from the late '60s, the '70s, and even the '80s (!) that are alright but really simply "old" and not "vintage" are commanding stupid prices that make their purchase and use out of the question for the vast majority of PLAYERS.

In this particular case, it's an important guitar from an important year in an important era, and in pretty rare condition, as well; if it had come into my possession, I'd probably have sold it, and used the proceeds to get another guitar that was at least as good, if not even better, that I could play all I wanted- and a seriously bitchin' amp (or two), and a used car...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

if it had come into my possession, I'd probably have sold it, and used the proceeds to get another guitar that was at least as good, if not even better, that I could play all I wanted- and a seriously bitchin' amp (or two), and a used car...

Yeah, no kiddin'.

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

Archived