Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digibid.com WARNING!

Hey all - I'm posting this on Digibid.com to make everyone aware in the recording industry of the scam that this company has become. Myself, and many others, have had our money recently stolen by Digibid. Digibid knowingly held auctions in which they had no intention of ever paying the buyer for. For those unfamiliar...Digibid's business model was to have the buyer pay them until a 'warranty period' had expired. After that period, Digibid would then send the seller their money, less a commission. I had previously sold 5-6 pieces of gear on Digibid without any problem. Then in March of this year, I sold three pieces of gear for $1017 in which Digibid has never paid me for. In the meantime, Digibid has built themselves a brand new website and apparently changed their business model to be similar to that of eBay, where the buyer pays the seller directly. The company is still operational, has a new web site and is stealing money from honest people trying to business with each other, to finance their operations. The staff at Digibid claimed they had money troubles and were looking for further funding and that all those who had their money stolen, would get installment payments in June. Well, that never happened. Nor can you reach them by phone since their voice mail is always full. And, they don't like to respond to emails either. Myself and the others who have been ripped off, have contacted the CT Dept. Of Consumer Protection and are also considering a Class Action Law suit. It's unacceptable to have this happen, especially with a company who has never filed for protection. Spread the word to your colleagues!
Bugs

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Bugs: [b]The staff at Digibid claimed they had money troubles and were looking for further funding and that all those who had their money stolen, would get installment payments in June. Well, that never happened. Nor can you reach them by phone since their voice mail is always full. And, they don't like to respond to emails either. [/b][/quote]Wow! They actually admitted that they "needed the money"? That's either commendable, or really moronic. Either way, good luck to you and all the others who were burned.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

Yeah, they admitted to it and even acknowledged that their actions were illegal, IF they didn't pay the money back. Well, it's been 5 months since my auctions and I've seen no money nor have any other that were burned during this time frame. Crooks is what they've admittedly become!
Bugs

Archived