Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is? what does? how do you use? a: 1. VItalizer 2. Maximizer I heard about some british producer that has a box in what he passes all things he record, sometimes he passes for two of it... do you have any idea what it is?(is not a compressor or EQ)
Rebuilding My Self

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hola latinmusic. i do not know what a "vitalizer" is. do you perhaps mean a "virtualizer"? that is some behringer peice of junk (flame suit on) i would avoid using it. i think it some kind of multiband limiter deal with a nice color graph or some such. on the other hand, a "maximizer" is a pretty neat peice of gear. i use an BBE full rack space "sonic maximizer" between FOH and crossover. i just barely use it, and it clears up the vocals very very well. it is no "cure all" for an ailing mix, but it can shine up a perfectly good mix. a sonic maximizer is some kind of dual band unit, with a high and low process function. the highs i think get phase realigned and compressed or something like that. the lows seem to be compressed and eq'ed also. i adjust my mix with the unit BYPASSED, then when i get a mix i really am proud of, i turn the adjustment knobs to where they do NOTHING, turn the unit function ON, and bump the knobs until i just can hear the effect. too much and its nasty! just the right amount of sonic maximizer can help out a mix a lot IMHO. too much can ruin it easily. BTW i run sound/play keyboards in a latin band called "esquina". we just learned AZUCAR by KUMBIA KINGS. I LOVE THAT TUNE!!!

Hi guys I happen to have a SPL Vitalizer which is kind of an enhancer. It generates more low and hi end but not like EQ does. It increases stereo width also. I never use it anymore. A maximizer is a peace of gear which is used for mastering sometimes, I don't know exactly what it does, what I do know is that I hate it. [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Peace.
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

[quote]Originally posted by LatinMusic: [b]What is? what does? how do you use? a: 1. VItalizer 2. Maximizer [/b][/quote] Sounds like something my teenage daughter would put in her hair...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived