Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More Paul Gilbert

Matt Blackett

Mr. Gilbert had so much great stuff to say when I interviewed him for the Sept. issue that I couldn't fit it all. Check out this bonus piece where he talks about his decision to switch to DiMarzio single-coils, using a bow, and playing Pete Townshend guitar parts.

This guy just flat-out rules!

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/paul-gilbert-bonus/jul-08/86633

Matt Blackett

Associate Editor

Guitar Player Magazine

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Paul's playing and his sense of humor. :)

He EASILY had the best set in last year's G3 tour with Satch and Petrucci, although I'm a Satch freak and Petrucci was good (a bit too serious, though).

And for those who think his music matches his playing, he really writes melodic tunes that are humorous. He's brilliant. Thanks for the extra interview. :thu:

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Cool interview. I heard his last CD in Oregon last year when I was visiting friends. His playing has evolved alot, and so has his TONE!! Just think how far recording technology has come in the last 20 years.. Shrapnel was kicking out tons of shred albums in the 80's but now someone can do that in thier bedroom.

I liked his tribute to Eddie on his last one. As for songs, I really haven't heard much of his material since Racer X. My buddy took lessons from him at GIT and liked him.

Funny how he mentioned Guthrie Govan too. That guy is a complete sicko. Nice interview

If you want to see more of his sense of humor, go to www.paulgilbert.com and click on the photoshop tab. He does some hilarious stuff with photoshop. Racer X kicks @$$!!!!

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Archived