Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS poisoning causes brain damage

Ross Brown

ok, I am an idiot. :blush: I found that Fender Jazz bass I was gassing for. It was in stock. It came. It is beautiful!! However, somehow I must have clicked on the Precsion Bass instead of Jazz Bass.... what the heck?

I checked my order. It appears to have been my fault.

I played it. It sounds so good. It feels good too. I can't think of one reason to send it back. :laugh:

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless you really want a Jazz Bass.

Where did you get it and what is their return policy?

zzounds. Could be returned fairly easily. I thought I wanted a Jazz bass because neck was slimmer. P bass neck is fine.

I wanted to try a Fender bass. Figured I could sell it if I didn't care for it. I have no good reason for wanting a new bass, or that it be a Fender or that it be a jazz bass. It was really bad gas.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

You're a cop out.

It was fate. The P-Bass was meant for you. Embrace it.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

How can you not notice it said "P-Bass" instead of "Jazz bass" on the numerous screens that told you what you were buying during the check out process? Or the digital receipt that they most certainly must have sent you?

Erik is correct though. Embrace the P-Bass.

It sounds like a happy accident.

Enjoy your new bass.

Thank you. Sorry I missed your web cast. I look forward to seeing it if you get it posted.

How can you not notice it said "P-Bass" instead of "Jazz bass" on the numerous screens that told you what you were buying during the check out process? Or the digital receipt that they most certainly must have sent you?

Erik is correct though. Embrace the P-Bass.

I don't know. I wonder what else I did....

Ross,

Precision Basses are great. I have 2 (I also have 2 Jazz Basses). Jeremy is right, a happy accident.

Enjoy it. Or send it back for the J. IMO you can't make a bad choice here.

Push the button Frank.

This would be a great scene for a sit-com. The first half of the episode, you trudge around looking for the right Jazz bass, to no avail. Then, lo and behold, you find what you want on line. There are some hilarious hijinx with the computer as you place the order for your "jazz bass". You think everything is finally at peace with the world and await it's arrival. When the delivery guy (cameo appearance by Chris Elliot, maybe?) shows up with it, you anxiously open the package to find not a jazz bass but a precision. You look at the camera and say,

"Hey- wha happen?"

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2003_A_Mighty_Wind/tn/2003_a_mighty_wind_008.jpg

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Ah, the Fender Precision -- the Toyota Camry of basses.

Not the fanciest, not the fastest, but it's durable and reliable, and will get you where you're going in a reasonable amount of comfort and style.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

I think of the P-Bass as more of a pickup truck. Not too many people get passionate about Camry's.

Except these guys. 1800 hp baby! :D

http://www.autospies.com/images/users/speedspies/1800-hp-Toyota-Camry%5B1%5D.jpg

Push the button Frank.

Be sure to replace the stock strings with a nice set of flats (unless you are going for that Paul Simonen tone, which is not a bad thing).

Yes. probably will be putting flats on it. :D

I bought them at a store in Freehold, thinking they were stainless flats ( they said Deep Talkin' Bass Strings and I was looking for the Motown vibe). I decided to put them on my Precision and was just blown away by the tone, the feel... everything. They're still on there and I have no intention of replacing them any time soon. I just about love 'em.

Push the button Frank.

Ah, the Fender Precision -- the Toyota Camry of basses.

Not the fanciest, not the fastest, but it's durable and reliable, and will get you where you're going in a reasonable amount of comfort and style.

Yeah, I'm with kenfxj, I always thought of p-basses as the Ford f-150s of basses - a workhorse. Hey, if you can afford it keep the p and get the j. What the heck!

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

A bit pricey, but may I strongly suggest LaBella Black Nylon Tapewounds ?

I put a set of these on my Epiphone Jack Casady and they sounded OH SO SWEET! Excellent choice in strings. But I think the Labella Jamerson set might be the strings of destiny for your newfound P-Bass.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived