Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

my BA college gig is finally over!

ikeaman

hey everyone here is a link to a few photos of my final college gig last week.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40260&l=725c4&id=580562052

you should be able to view them even though you're not registered. it was a jean michel jarre tribute thang. it went really well and i was surprised at the turnout. i brought my own desk and a couple of srm450's. i gave a L/R from my desk to the sound guy..he didnt even bother to the FOH up ...the 450's were enough to fill that theater ;). i placed them behind the band as well (they were certified clinically deaf after that gig :). i would have set up more keyboards but there was another gig before mine and it took about 2 hours to clear the stage and set my bands gear up from scratch... i hate to think what my carbon footprint was that night doh! ill youtube some of the tunes soon.

ikeaman

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

george forman grill ( special edition w removable plates )

kopparberg non alcoholic pear cider

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

moog man im happy to say it sounded pretty big. we had no rehearsals as a band..only individual rehearsals or in groups of 2-3 - the band lived quite far away from each other and i had to go to each one and run through stuff.

somehow it came together that night. i kind of enjoyed the gig because we had absolutely no idea how it would turn out and i think it was good for everyone to be 'on edge' as opposed to sometimes 'over rehearsing' the tunes which a lot of the other bands i played with did...by the time it was showtime we were tired.

...but this band im happy to say did their homework ;) i had people driving from 2-3 hours away to see the gig which was really amazing..just for that i kind of made the show a bit longer so it would be worth it for them..it was supposed to be 30-40 mins and i managed to stretch it out to an hour and a half ha ha ha

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

thanx danS

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

hey eric...i keep going back there mainly to stock up on swedish meatballs and pear cider. my kids love going there though...a lot of things for them to check out. and yes i do have a few pieces of furniture from them. i dont know anyone who doesnt. i have to say theyre a bit cheaper than a lot of places...but of course you have to put it together yourself. now if they only made studio funiture and keyboard stands that would be cool. everyone started calling me ikeaman so it kind of stuck ;)..maybe i should think of somthing a bit more hip next time ha ha ha

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

thanks new&improv. i should send those photos to roland...we used so much of their gear they could at least give us a mention ;)

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

Wow - awesome gig and pics! :thu:

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

thanks stephen. ahh glad you posted..i need to ask you a question since you work at keyboard. ok you know those realy cool graphics your mag uses to show different rigs e.g. on the david rosenthal feature page 27. do your art guys draw those (if so what program?) or get them somewhere? can i find graphics like those or similar on the net? i really dig them..theyre so detailed. id love to use them for some college projects illustrating different rigs myself. thanks!

ikeaman

i k e a m a n

www.jondimac.com

korg kronos 61

nord lead 1

chapman stick

Archived