Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Clavinet with POD?

Gary75

Im currently running my Clavinet into Scarbee VKFX on Muse Receptor, and it sounds great. However, there are gigs when im not going to use Receptor and need some other form of amp/cabinet simulator. I know people will say get a tube amp but it's impractical to buy and take one guitar amp for just one sound on gigs.

So I was wondering what these POD's are like for emulating Fender Twin cabs etc? What about this Pocket Pod, any good? Maybe I should ask on the guitar forum, but I've tried that with another topic and it was like a scene from Star Wars where they are in the club looking for Han Solo and the guy goes "My friend does'nt like you, I DONT LIKE YOU! your one of those guys from KC'

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably too vague to be helpful, but a few years ago I had a Bass Pod, and I programmed a patch that I absolutely loved on my Rhodes. Ended up ditching the Pod, because it never sounded right on my bass, but almost kept it as a Rhodes processor. Now, I have a Linn Adrennalinn that includes an amp sim, and I like it on the Rhodes a lot.

Anyway, if you have a chance to try it out, I'd bet you'd come up with something that sounds good on the Clav.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I'm replacing a keyboard player in a band for the summer & he's leaving his Rhodes for me to use. He has a rack with a pile of effects that look like a nightmare to hook up & use. I have a Version 2 POD that I think I'll use as a preamp/effects box for the Rhodes. Seems a lot simpler that his setup.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Archived